Jurassic World Evolution- we back?

Any kind of silly rambling should be here... or just stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else...

Jurassic World Evolution- we back?

Unread postby ThrowGoji » Sun, 20th Aug 2017 21:23

Hopefully it isn't riddled with microtransactions and mod locks. I was gonna put this in Gaming, but it seemed more relevant to the JPOG community so I put it here.

Another note: It's probably been like 7 years since I've last been on these forums- modding this game gave me some of my earliest gaming memories
ThrowGoji
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Re: Jurassic World Evolution- we back?

Unread postby THE DINOSAUR MAN » Sun, 20th Aug 2017 21:42

I hope this game is a worthy successor to JPOG.
If it's half as modifiable, we need to retool these forums to be applicable to this game as well.
Is there a chance that this game could breath life back into this forum? I hope so, it depends on the mods to add new directories to the index for news and speculation about this game, and then eventually for figuring out mods.

If we can get this site to show up on google searches for JWE mods when the game comes out, we could have a massive intake of new members.

I'm just blabbering here, but I'm so psyched for the game nonetheless.
THE DINOSAUR MAN
Predator
Predator

User Title: An American constitutionalist and a true scientist.

Unread postby Dark Star » Mon, 21st Aug 2017 5:43

Lol I saw the trailer and immediately thought back to this forum. I honestly didn't think a successor to JPOG would happen but it's almost here.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Eternal » Wed, 23rd Aug 2017 10:03

Can't believe I had to remake an account to post here. Whatever email I use to use here, man that's long gone!

I'm amazed this forum is still here? I know a few others moved onto kovu's jurassicisland forum, as I remember this one was under threat of being closed or something?

Anywho, man I'm excited!!! Instant preorder. And cannot wait to delve into the games files. God it's been years!! I'm expecting everything will be closed up tho. But we can hope!!
Eternal
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Dark Star » Thu, 24th Aug 2017 4:46

Yeah, the gaming industry is a lot different than 15 years ago, what with all the DLC, microtransactions, season passes, etc. Also seeing as Planet Coaster doesn't have mods afaik, I doubt we'd be able to mess around much in JWE. It's enough that this game is being made tbh, although I hope some of the more popular mod ideas in JPOG (baby dinosaurs, breeding) make it into JWE.

EDIT: Wow, looking around the forum, it's a shame that this place is pretty much a ghost town. I think Reddit took a lot of users from forums unfortunately.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Eternal » Fri, 25th Aug 2017 16:13

Yeah, forums definitely seemed to die off. I do miss a good forum tho. Its just finding time. I try and post on kovus when I can, but I've been quite bad recently. I literally only looked on here by chance as I thought this forum didn't exist anymore.

I'm expecting that to be the case, that the game will be quite closed off. I've been meaning to try planet coaster for ages. I had some fun with Elite Dangerous. Didn't realise it was the same company tho.

Yeah this place is spam bot heaven
Eternal
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Thu, 31st Aug 2017 15:18

I'd like to add though, the Planet Coaster devs do intend to add full fledged mod support. If that happens, and if JWE shares its engine with Planet Coaster, it's reasonable to assume they might make mod tools available for JWE as well.

And yeah, reddit definitely stole a huge chunk of the internet forum scene. I can't help but feel like it's an inferior format for communities, too sanitized and too biased towards 1-on-1 conversations. Would we have had a thedude777 or an El_Flesh if MG had a reddit-like system? I think not.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby RadicalLarry » Sat, 16th Sep 2017 4:29

I'm excited about this game as well. I've been playing JPOG for so long, it's hard to imagine a modern version. Hopefully, it is moddable, I would be so happy to make Jurassic World into Jurassic Park.
RadicalLarry
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Return to General Discussion