Genesis expansion project version 2 help please

Suggestions? Doubts? Pure and simple flaming? All here!

Moderator: GEP Team

Genesis expansion project version 2 help please

Unread postby TanithCrane » Thu, 1st May 2014 21:02

I am a massive fan of JPOG :grin: and i recently downloaded the genesis expansion pack version 2 it changes the behaviour of dinos and adds tomb stones and things to the game however the terrain is awfull :C: theres hardly any ferns and they seem to be just in clumps and the grass looks really dark and poor quality .. basically the mod looks nothing like what it did in the trailer the water was clear and there were clouds... i hate it and i know ive downloaded it wrong thats prob why it has turned out so horrid heres a pick of my ruined game ( sorry if the pick hasnt shown not sure what i was doing lol )

i followed the instructions correctly i downloaded it and opened it in winwar i then double clicked on version 2 and it came up with the expansion project instructions ... when it finished downloading my game wasnt changed at all so i after a lot of stress managed to find the mod file and i copied and pasted the unit folders into the original game ones and overwrite the files and then i opened the game and it was all really dark and horrible :( can anyone who has downloaded this mod successfully tell me what i might have done wrong and how to get it looking like it should heres a link to what it should look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXuxA0h2s9o .... seriously my game looks like the big bang ! :(

or it very well could be just ive got a crap graphics card lol ive got a lenovo ideapad 8gb ram and 1tb hardrive but ive only got a AMD radeon graphics card
thanks for the helps
TanithCrane
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: velocistar98

Re: Genesis expansion project version 2 help please

Unread postby V-Raptor » Thu, 1st May 2014 21:34

Go to the JPOG folder, open the "Setup" subfolder and run setup.exe. Then choose the highest settings for each field (and check the boxes for reflective water and such) and try again. Even a less than stellar graphics card should run a game this old fairly decently.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby TanithCrane » Fri, 2nd May 2014 0:00

omg thankyou sooo much ! it looks amazing :) i can really enjoy playing it noww thanks a million ! :D
TanithCrane
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Fri, 2nd May 2014 0:06

I'm glad to help. Have fun!

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby TanithCrane » Fri, 2nd May 2014 20:01

i will do thanks :grin: ..... the only thing now tho im having trouble with researching items some things dont show up like dino feeders and jeeps and security items they arnt coming up in the research box and because of that i cant research them , i have no dino feeders or jeeps or even security shelters, cameras etc im not sure if this is part of the mod or a glitch lool
TanithCrane
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Fri, 2nd May 2014 20:19

Hmm, I don't think that's supposed to happen. Try starting a new island and see if you can do that stuff then.

V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby TanithCrane » Fri, 2nd May 2014 20:58

ive started a new world but the same thing happens however on sight b i can have feeders just not when im playing on normal is there something i could change in the data units or constant ini files ? sorry about this lol im so dumb :p thanks for all your help
TanithCrane
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Sun, 4th May 2014 1:57

I honestly have no idea. The GEP certainly didn't do that to me. Do you have any other mods installed?

V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Return to Public