ModTester Applicants

Suggestions? Doubts? Pure and simple flaming? All here!

Moderator: GEP Team

ModTester Applicants

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 16th Mar 2008 16:50

In this topic, people can apply to be a ModTester.

ModTesters are a group of people who are given the responsibility of testing the GEP modifications. Applicants must take this seriously, as once a part of this team, you will be expected to test new modifications as often as possible.

Applicants must have some sort of history of modding JPOG. Often, you will be downloading random files, and should know exactly where they're to be placed. Also, common sense is a must :wink:

ModTesters will be given access to the ModTester board. Here, you will recieve regular updates on the GEP's progress, and new files to be tested.

As you will be given full access to the GEP's files before release, secrecy is a requirement. You are forbidden to reveal any information regarding the releases. If you are found to be leaking information, you will be banned from this site

The GEP team holds the right to accept and reject whomever they choose.
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
In case you're wondering, I'm the upside-down one
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Talking Duck

Re: ModTester Applicants

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sun, 16th Mar 2008 16:52

I would if I wasn't part of the MEP. I almost got in last time, but I was turned down because I'm part of another project...

One day I'll be in it... You'll see... :hmph:
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

User Title: Experiment #762 (55% Raptor/35% Rex/20% Trike)

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 16th Mar 2008 17:07

I would if I wasn't part of the MEP. I almost got in last time, but I was turned down because I'm part of another project...

That, is no longer a requirement :wink:

Regardless of what groups you're in, leaking information results in the same consequences. Personally, i would just reccommend that you didn't, as it can get confusing as ML found out. But it's your choice.

And regardless, if you did steal mods or etc, then brought out your pack, that's pretty silly as we'd be able to find the mods there, lol.
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sun, 16th Mar 2008 17:12

Eternal_Rocker_Chick wrote:

That, is no longer a requirement :wink:

Regardless of what groups you're in, leaking information results in the same consequences. Personally, i would just reccommend that you didn't, as it can get confusing as ML found out. But it's your choice.

And regardless, if you did steal mods or etc, then brought out your pack, that's pretty silly as we'd be able to find the mods there, lol.

Yay! Here's my application:

Experience:
Can do all .ini modding, strucure game files and dinosaur.ini. Can mod a bit of .inx. Can do somple FSM mods.

Proof:
FslHnt.ini guide
MEP (still in progress)
Various FSM mods around the forum (No Inter-species fighting mod, getting up when dead and then falling down again mod etc.)

Time:
I have a lot of time on my hands nowadays. I cna test regularly and come online to MG every day.

What do you say?
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 16th Mar 2008 17:14

What do you say?

Granted. Welcome to the team :)
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sun, 16th Mar 2008 17:16

Eternal_Rocker_Chick wrote:
What do you say?

Granted. Welcome to the team :)

Thank you so much! Yay! :x3: :x3: :x3:
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby king_of_kings » Sun, 23rd Mar 2008 2:27

i applied almost a week ago and haven't gotten a respond so i'm going to post my application here
experience: i can do .ini modding, .inx modding, im trying to get into .fsm modding

proof: I can change x and y size for buildings, i can edit the constant ini, i can change dinosaur behavior, and i can edit building animations with the .inx and preview screen too.

I am here almost everyday from 5:00 - 8:00

i am awaiting response :)
king_of_kings
Herbivore
Herbivore

User Title: Shy Guy of the Forum...

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 23rd Mar 2008 14:19

i applied almost a week ago and haven't gotten a respond so i'm going to post my application here
experience: i can do .ini modding, .inx modding, im trying to get into .fsm modding

proof: I can change x and y size for buildings, i can edit the constant ini, i can change dinosaur behavior, and i can edit building animations with the .inx and preview screen too.

I am here almost everyday from 5:00 - 8:00

i am awaiting response :)

You've only been a member here for just over a month, so i'm afraid i have to reject your application as i don't know you very well.
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

Unread postby spinosaurus - rex » Wed, 26th Mar 2008 20:09

the only thing I've done is:
1 made the build menu bigger
2 edited the dino behavior so the herbivores eat all the time and thats like in most of the films and they don't loose health and don't need anything els
3 made a T-rex sleep all the time and its like from siteb
4 made the raptor hunt without stopping (like with herbivores)
5 edited skins to make parts invisible (made semi new dinos)
6 made a statue jeep and the part of the balloon without any help(anyone can do it)
7 changed toros hatchery picture into an alberto and made it a carn
8 changed the island colors but I keep on forgetting witch things to delete so I just try them out (then I realized that anyone can do it)
9 had some work with all the people asking me to put their skins in game had some work with that
10 edited siteb so there is more things in it (done it before I saw Modding Genesis)
edited the a lot of things in the Constant.ini
11 made a spino that looked like an edited version of the GEP's spino
12 (now something that everywon HAS done) made a bary and put it in the large herbivores section " Class= 1 ;"
13 always thought about why the small herbivores section is called " Class= 0 ;" :lul:
14 went to sleep a 12 in the night everyday until I found out how to make more options in the build menu

I'll tell you more when I can remember but I know that I have 000,000,001% chances out of 100 of becoming a modtester

EDIT: waiting here a whole day when your waiting for an answear that will say you will never be takin' to the team with something like this a day is a long time. can't wait till I'll be announced the worsesed person in the forum :lul:

SECOND EDIT:I'm waiting here 8 days for a stiupid answer and I still can't see if I'm the worsesed person on the forum!!!or I can't see if I've been taken ether
I can put your skin in game just pm me the skin and I'll put it in game for you
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/ CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THE BEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!
spinosaurus - rex
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Tue, 15th Apr 2008 23:17

Here is my application:

Can do simple FSM mods (its essentially object oriented programming, which I am rather framiliar with)
Have adequate knowledge of the .ini files
Have fair knowledge of the .inx files
Have studied deep into the particles, and know many neat little tricks with them
Know how to edit sounds (using sound editing software, of course)
Has greatest chance of achieving the feat of getting new models in (To the best of my knowledge anyway. lol)
Has access to my computer & the internet almost every day
Substantial programming experience (who knows, It might just come in handy XD)
Loves to skin, and IMHO, am adequate at it.
Can keep a secret.

Proof:
Fountain of Fire W/ and W/O smoke
Fire Breathing Dilophosaur
All my skins
Isla Muerte Total Conversion (work in progress, but is obviously coming along quite nicely)
.TML builder (work in progress, currently in pause mode due to things I dont have much control over <school :D: , my father, etc.>)
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: The 1337 developer of tools

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Wed, 16th Apr 2008 11:04

Rex_Kills_Spino wrote:Here is my application:

Can do simple FSM mods (its essentially object oriented programming, which I am rather framiliar with)
Have adequate knowledge of the .ini files
Have fair knowledge of the .inx files
Have studied deep into the particles, and know many neat little tricks with them
Know how to edit sounds (using sound editing software, of course)
Has greatest chance of achieving the feat of getting new models in (To the best of my knowledge anyway. lol)
Has access to my computer & the internet almost every day
Substantial programming experience (who knows, It might just come in handy XD)
Loves to skin, and IMHO, am adequate at it.
Can keep a secret.

Proof:
Fountain of Fire W/ and W/O smoke
Fire Breathing Dilophosaur
All my skins
Isla Muerte Total Conversion (work in progress, but is obviously coming along quite nicely)
.TML builder (work in progress, currently in pause mode due to things I dont have much control over <school :D: , my father, etc.>)

I'm SURE you'll get in! :amused:
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Wed, 16th Apr 2008 20:09

spinosaurus - rex, i am sooooo sorry i haven't replied. I must've missed this topic or something.

Unfortunantly, i have to say no, as i don't feel that your contributions to this site are large enough for me to trust you with GEP modifications. That, and i don't know you well enough to trust you.

However, RKS, welcome aboard ^-^

Just give me a few minutes to sort things out, lol.
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Wed, 16th Apr 2008 21:05

w00t!!! Thank you very much! *dances behind computer desk*
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: The 1337 developer of tools

Unread postby spinosaurus - rex » Wed, 16th Apr 2008 21:11

thats ok I'm good in not being mad but TR trusts me not to give away the skins from the MEP and I don't I don't even show my works for the MEP and I can't tell you what they are sorry :) and congratulations TLW!!!I'm really happy that your a ModTester :grin:
I can put your skin in game just pm me the skin and I'll put it in game for you
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/ CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THE BEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!
spinosaurus - rex
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Thu, 17th Apr 2008 8:53

spinosaurus - rex wrote:thats ok I'm good in not being mad but TR trusts me not to give away the skins from the MEP and I don't I don't even show my works for the MEP and I can't tell you what they are sorry :) and congratulations TLW!!!I'm really happy that your a ModTester :grin:

What works? So far you haven't actually DONE anything... =P

Congrats RKS!
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Next

Return to Public