GEP: Have YOUR say!

Suggestions? Doubts? Pure and simple flaming? All here!

Moderator: GEP Team

GEP: Have YOUR say!

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 14:39

With the release of the GEP, and it's bugfix, many of you might be thinking 'What next?'

Well, don't worry. there's still lots more things to modifiy in terms of realism. And here's the place for the YOU to have a say on what gets modified and included.

So, got an annoyance with JPOG that you would like to see fixed? Have an idea for a really cool behaviour modification that you'd like to see put in action?? Want more realism???

Remember though, keep things realistic. We can't edit models, so i want no dinosaur requests. What i'm really after, is behaviour ideas for FSM mods. Things which you could really see dinosaurs actually doing when they existed oh so long ago.

But you're not limited to that. As i said, anything you want to say. As long as you keep in mind, the GEP strives for realism.
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
In case you're wondering, I'm the upside-down one
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Talking Duck

Re: GEP: Have YOUR say!

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 15:20

Great!

Well, for one thing, I think dinosaurs should explore more. My carnivores always seem to patrol the fences all the time when wandering, and always keep to their own territory. I'd like my small carnivores to go into new territories and explore more instead of wandering in one place.

Also, it would be cool, if everytime a dinosaur sees something new, it will inspect it, like a building, or a person, or a jeep. Perhaps sniff it, try to communicate with it. This could work well with the explore mod idea above.

Another idea, is to make dinosaurs sneeze. Perhaps when a dinosaur sniffs at the air, or at something, there could be a random event making it sneeze. Bless them! :razz:

Is there an animation where a visitor puts his hand up in the air, or a stroking kind of animation? We could use it to make visitors stroke dinosaurs, when they are free range and nearby. This would be like in the movies when the guests stroke the trike.

My final idea is for carnivores to be more strategic when hunting. Though the GEP adds to the smartness of carnivores, I think we should make them even smarter. Like always attacking from the rear. If the prey is a anky or part of the steg family, you could make it so carnivores headbut them to their side and then attack thier soft underbelly. Also, I think carnivorous dinosaurs in packs (like raptors), should all go for the same prey. So they all attack the same target, really hunting in a pack together. Is there a way to use the sneaky modfication in the GEP and make raptors surround their prey? Like in a circle around a herd or a target, invisible to thier prey. Then they can charge out. Something like how ambush predators like african wild dogs and lions hunt.

There's more ideas in my head!
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

User Title: Experiment #762 (55% Raptor/35% Rex/20% Trike)

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 15:24

They're all great ideas. Keep 'em coming! ^-^
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
In case you're wondering, I'm the upside-down one
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Talking Duck

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 15:28

Eternal_Rocker_Chick wrote:They're all great ideas. Keep 'em coming! ^-^

Yeah, thanks. I doubt which ones would be possible. I've asked ML about the raptor attacking smart mods, but he doesn't think they're possible (especcially the surrounding thing)

I'm sure the sneeeze mod would be possible.
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Tyrannosaurus Aegyptiacus » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 18:06

Maybe you guys could make it to where the different herds migrate to seperate parts of the island, in a yearly rotation.
For example: A herd of Trikes migrates from North-east to south-west during December, and then migrates back during June.
The Wrath of Godzilla|[http://jurassicisland.ch/msgboard/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3174]Biollante, the Biological Horror[/url]
Tyrannosaurus Aegyptiacus
Herbivore
Herbivore

User Title: That one guy.

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 19:30

Tyrannosaurus Aegyptiacus wrote:Maybe you guys could make it to where the different herds migrate to seperate parts of the island, in a yearly rotation.
For example: A herd of Trikes migrates from North-east to south-west during December, and then migrates back during June.

I don't think that's possible. There are no references to weather or time in any of the fsm files. (like you can't make a dinosaurs behave do something because of weather)
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby The_Lost_World » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 19:42

What about just a simple schedule for the migration?
The_Lost_World
Monster Attraction
Monster Attraction

Unread postby Melea Lord » Sun, 10th Feb 2008 22:30

You can't point in an exact direction either.
Look at me, don't look away... don't ever look away, you'll be looking at me forever!
The GEPv2 Trailer The GEPv2 Download
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: FSM Personnel #2

Unread postby Spiderweb20 » Mon, 11th Feb 2008 22:53

i wouldnt mind seeing the migration fix in the GEP.
i was reading up that people are working on getting size changes into the game. If they figure it out, it would be neat to see them grow depending on their age.

also, if possible, maybe an application could be written that lists various options in the game (like population caps, and allowing some of the expansion aspects on or off).
maybe even a skin browser that could easily add new skins into the game without needing to know which files to convert and so on. it would greatly increase the number of modders in the community, just like it did with the Creatures games and the sims.

i know the breeding thing is impossible, but i heard somethign about a pooping dinosarus mod. is it possible to maybe have them poop but then (i'm assuming there's a script for the poop and it's lifespan in the game) when the poop disapears, it spawns a dinosaur. Just wondering if it's even remotely plausible.
Spiderweb20
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby The_Lost_World » Mon, 11th Feb 2008 23:48

a skin browser that could easily add new skins into the game without needing to know which files to convert and so on. it would greatly increase the number of modders in the community, just like it did with the Creatures games and the sims.

Very good idea, in my opinion.
The_Lost_World
Monster Attraction
Monster Attraction

Unread postby Dark Star » Tue, 12th Feb 2008 3:29

The_Lost_World wrote:
a skin browser that could easily add new skins into the game without needing to know which files to convert and so on. it would greatly increase the number of modders in the community, just like it did with the Creatures games and the sims.

Very good idea, in my opinion.

But would it work, since the majority of people who know how to skin only do so badly.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Alpha Raptor » Tue, 12th Feb 2008 4:07

If a carnivore like rex is going near brachs and because they dont defend can it be possible to make it warn away an enemy by getting on its legs to scare it away like the tricera defend.
Alpha Raptor
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

Unread postby Legion » Tue, 12th Feb 2008 9:43

Spiderweb20 wrote:i was reading up that people are working on getting size changes into the game. If they figure it out, it would be neat to see them grow depending on their age.

Impossible.
also, if possible, maybe an application could be written that lists various options in the game (like population caps, and allowing some of the expansion aspects on or off).
maybe even a skin browser that could easily add new skins into the game without needing to know which files to convert and so on. it would greatly increase the number of modders in the community, just like it did with the Creatures games and the sims.

This isn't exactly a GEP MOD, but interesting nonetheless.
i know the breeding thing is impossible, but i heard somethign about a pooping dinosarus mod. is it possible to maybe have them poop but then (i'm assuming there's a script for the poop and it's lifespan in the game) when the poop disapears, it spawns a dinosaur. Just wondering if it's even remotely plausible.

Kinda, but doesn't belong here either.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby Spiderweb20 » Tue, 12th Feb 2008 16:07

Why couldnt an interface be part of the GEP mod? there's so many thigns changed. if a program was made to allow for peopel to change the attributes, fine tuning things, it would make it more realistic for sure.
and why wouldnt the egg droppings be GEP? it's realistic to lay eggs and have them hatch into dinosaurs. if it works, it would add a major realistic element to the game.
Spiderweb20
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Melea Lord » Tue, 12th Feb 2008 16:09

it doesn't drop eggs. It produces a dinosaur instead of defecating but the dinosaur produced is HUGE. And I believe the dinosaur that comes out is random or can only be one kind... correct?
Look at me, don't look away... don't ever look away, you'll be looking at me forever!
The GEPv2 Trailer The GEPv2 Download
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: FSM Personnel #2

Next

Return to Public