The Easier Multiple Skinning TML Tutorial

Guides on how to make skins, modify JPOG and much more

Re: The Easier Multiple Skinning TML Tutorial

Unread postby simpaul_08 » Thu, 22nd Oct 2009 4:39

uhm excuse me guys im a newbie in modding...i just have a question can someone tell me where the tutorial for skins is or can you tell me how to make new skins, and how can i download that T-rex pack anyway?
simpaul_08
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby bebopgroove » Mon, 14th Dec 2009 17:46

(no one's posted here in a while, so here's hoping someone can help me -.-" )

Ok I'm hoping I'm on the way to success.... I'm trying to create another Trex in the Judith River B site. I'm at the part of your tutorial just before the SKIN REASSIGNMENT. I started the game to see what I had (new game; site B), and I have a black rex. Not the unchanged one (which is supposed to be in there too) but just one black rex. After coming from the hatchery, and I attempted to close out of the game, it then crashed on me.

I'm wondering if my problem is with the footer (which I had some trouble trying to place) - here is a screenie of the footer, along with the dino list near the end (drex is the new addition):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/bebopgroove/jpoghex.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, what additional information needs to be added to the other files? I've edited dinolist.txt, Eng.txt, and created a Drex.txt, Drex.inx, and Drex.nwt (which are complete copies of the Trex versions, except with "Drex" added).

Also, does anything need to be done with bkg_trex.tml, bkg_trex16.tml, and dinos_judithriver_b16.tml?

And...

If I can make this work (and I'm determined to make it work), I'm planning on having a total of 3 different rex's in the Judith B site, and 4 different raptors in the Flaming Cliffs.... that is possible right?

EDIT: If this is something where it's best if I use ConvertCTT.... I can't find it anywhere -.- I thought I had found a download, but it didn't exactly work.... If I actually need it (right now I have HxD, DDS Converter 2, and Hex Editor Neo), anyone know where I can find it?

EDIT #2 - So I went back to check on the other two dinos from the site, and both my Styraco and Cory are black - basically all my Judith B dinos are black now. Did I copy the new skin wrong (and is this why I need ConvertCTT)? Or is it the way the dino list is arranged near the footer - I made sure not to overwrite any data; when I pasted the new skin it caused the list to look wonky.
~Unh-unh-uh, you didn't say the magic word... Unh-unh-uh...~
"PLEASE! GODAMMIT! I hate this hacker crap!" - Ray Arnold

"Is that... auto-erotica?" - Donald Gennaro
bebopgroove
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Raging Raptor » Tue, 15th Dec 2009 1:50

Yea, I see the problem. You need a CTT converter. I would suggest getting CTT Converter 2. And, that may be happening if you set the models on high, and your graphics card wasn't able to handle it.
₪"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets"₪
-General Patton
Raging Raptor
Feisty Herbivore
Feisty Herbivore

User Title: Call me whatever home slice.

Unread postby Docszoo » Wed, 23rd Dec 2009 10:38

bebopgroove wrote:I'm wondering if my problem is with the footer (which I had some trouble trying to place) - here is a screenie of the footer, along with the dino list near the end (drex is the new addition):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/bebopgroove/jpoghex.png.

Yes, A big problem with the footer. That first dino you have there, is in the correct position I believe. However, after it, you need one full line of nothing but 00 00 00 00. Then, on the next line, you need the skin name starting at the exact same column as the first skin's name.

You kinda understand?
-Andrew
Docszoo
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Docszoo

Unread postby Spinocantosarus » Thu, 17th Jun 2010 15:39

How do i get to the TML files ?
Spinocantosarus
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby Spino Rex » Fri, 18th Jun 2010 18:30

Spinocantosarus wrote:How do i get to the TML files ?

They are in the matlibs folder in the data folder in the JPOG folder in the Jurassic park folder and so on...
They will be named with the dinos' digsites, e.g. Judithriver_b
Spino Rex
Herbivore
Herbivore

User Title: Memories of JPOG and MG...

Previous

Return to Tutorials