FSM Modding Tutorial

Guides on how to make skins, modify JPOG and much more

Re: FSM Modding Tutorial

Unread postby maximusthedark » Thu, 20th Nov 2008 12:44

I like the realistic pricing in the GEP mods... I even make everything in the park free except the entrance fee...

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable… — Theodore Roosevelt
maximusthedark
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Catervarii, mediocre artist...

Unread postby Legion » Thu, 20th Nov 2008 13:24

maximusthedark wrote:I like the realistic pricing in the GEP mods... I even make everything in the park free except the entrance fee...

This is something I don't do in my parks. I charge the restrooms free since, realistically, everybody would complain if they had to pay even one cent to relieve themselves... although you can charge $1 for them in OG :P

The burger stands must have the burger selected if you want a profit of $5 from it, tho.
Viewing vents? For crying out loud, you're already paying $500 for the entrance, and they have to PAY MORE for such a basic amenity? Don't mock me, noone would say that's acceptable in the real world...
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby maximusthedark » Thu, 20th Nov 2008 13:45

yup... I had those free as well in my game... so they're satisfied most of the time... I just keep an eye to my park rating as not to have too much crowds...

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable… — Theodore Roosevelt
maximusthedark
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Catervarii, mediocre artist...

Unread postby archy5 » Sat, 22nd Nov 2008 0:34

Everyime I try this my game crashes... Oh well, might as well quit.
archy5
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

Unread postby Kensis Walkeri » Sat, 22nd Nov 2008 2:31

Do you have two Program Files? Have you checked the resolution? Where did you put the file? :ninja:
I support my Monster Hunting friends "Chris", "POcho", and "jer".
Kensis Walkeri
Herbivore
Herbivore

User Title: Kurukato Zumokuta: The Azure Saviour

Unread postby archy5 » Sat, 22nd Nov 2008 3:05

Kensis Walkeri wrote:Do you have two Program Files? Have you checked the resolution? Where did you put the file? :ninja:

Its just to hard to follow, someone should upload a visual tutorial.
archy5
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

Unread postby Crazyraptor402 » Tue, 25th Nov 2008 6:44

thx heap's thank god it's here!
Crazyraptor402
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: A Master At Trespasser and JPOG

Unread postby Dr Tanner » Fri, 28th Nov 2008 14:02

Oh wow, awesome thread. I love technical stuff.

Are FSM files limited to only choosing behaviours/animations that are already present in the game, or would it be possible to make new animations - whatever jiggery-pokery would be required for that, I assume the animation files are somewhere else - and assign actions for them?
Dr Tanner
Fodder
Fodder

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sat, 29th Nov 2008 10:57

The animations are tied into the model files. And we can't save edited the model files, so we can't add new animations. We can however, manipulate existing ones using FSMs. What i find really interesting about the Toshi engine, is that you can combine different animations together.
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
In case you're wondering, I'm the upside-down one
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Talking Duck

Unread postby Dr Tanner » Sat, 29th Nov 2008 16:54

Eternal_Rocker_Chick wrote:The animations are tied into the model files. And we can't save edited the model files, so we can't add new animations. We can however, manipulate existing ones using FSMs. What i find really interesting about the Toshi engine, is that you can combine different animations together.

OH HO HO

Well that certainly has some potential. When I've got some time over the holidays I might have to get stuck in and play around with that a bit.
Dr Tanner
Fodder
Fodder

Unread postby El_Flesh » Sat, 24th Jan 2009 2:07

Darklord - you have NO flipping idea what an actual resort is like. Have you ever even been to one???

I coughed up double the price of a 5-star all-inclusive to go to a Golf/Spa resort in St Lucia. While the food was all free (being an all inclusive) the golf and the spa most certainly was NOT. Neither was the tour. Neither was the jungle excursion. Neither was the basic course. Nor the photo service. Nor the wedding services. You had to cough up for all those, even at a resort that was TWICE the price of the other ones.

So rather than decide how YOU see pricing (since these resorts aren't for everyone of course) - why don't you tell the people what they want to know about modding the files back. Rather than enforcing your own view on people. And what's the 'proper measures' you mention?

I will find the time to figure out how to make pricing as it appears in the real world. And I will tell everyone who would like to know; since it seems you would rather be petty and keep it a secret.

And since this debate is in the wrong thread, hey feel free to relocate it.
El_Flesh
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby Baryonyx » Sat, 24th Jan 2009 2:32

El_Flesh wrote:Darklord - you have NO flipping idea what an actual resort is like. Have you ever even been to one???

The pricing seems to be affected in the inx files,not fsms.If the quality is higher,then they can pay more for it.But what you can do is to charge $2 for the toilet and $20 for a burger if you don't want to change the inx manually.Still,i don't remember people willing to pay $ 20 for a burger,or $2 for toilets...but since you wanted it,here you are. :)
Baryonyx
Feisty Herbivore
Feisty Herbivore

User Title: What now?

Unread postby El_Flesh » Sat, 24th Jan 2009 5:59

Much obliged, Bary - you're cool!

Ya I can't imagine people would be too thrilled at paying for the loo. But $20 for a burger and whatever side dish? I am not suprised at that price at all. In fact, I would happily pay it at a resort like St Lucia. Their hamburgers were exquisite. And the Ribs. And the French Restaurant. And the Italian Bistro. And the local Resto that had Island specialties - hell I would of coughed up alot more for that. Anyone been to Niagra Falls? Top of the tower resto. Prime rib x 2 and 2 drinx = $280, and well worth it, for one time. Absolutely NO land dinosaurs.
Thanx so very much to Bary post, I did some poking around in the files you suggested. All of the files starting with 'visxxxxx' didn't have anything more than
"Type = sound;
Sound = SFX_FEMALE_SCREAM_S01"
and males as well, other stuff that didn't seem to apply either.

So Ilooked in welcome center and still didn't find anything interesting. Then I opened "TOILET" (no, not a real one!...the file!)
Lookee here:

MinVisitorFee=0;
MaxVisitorFee=10;
InitialVisitorFee=0;
ExpectedVisitorFee=3;

well, well. We can manipulate this kind of thing, can't we?

So I would like to ask: would you guys like a list of all of these target prices I find, or do you think of that as cheating and I should not post them here?
Last edited by El_Flesh on Mon, 26th Jan 2009 23:16, edited 2 times in total.
El_Flesh
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby Legion » Mon, 26th Jan 2009 21:35

:sigh:
That's how I changed the prices for GEP2
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby El_Flesh » Mon, 26th Jan 2009 23:18

So you mean it was that latter part - Expected visitor fee?

Meaning they grumble if it's higher??? Because that 'expected' fee can often be pretty damn high; which might mean the visitors expect to cough up alot and then feel it isn't quality if they aren't paying thru the nose...
El_Flesh
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials