Mod Suggestions

Whatever doesn't doesn't fit the submission requirements, it'll be posted here.
Pruned every 60 days.

Mod Suggestions

Unread postby Utahraptor » Wed, 2nd Jan 2008 21:42

Here some suggestions of mods that would rock so if you come across a mod or make one yourself that would solve these suggestions. Also if you have a mod idea PM me it and if i think its worth it i'l post it. Key
Italic=New

1. Submitted by UtahRaptor - A way we can make it so the entrance to the park's model changed to a viewing dome and make it so there is no helecopter to pick up the geusts. That way geusts would look like there coming out of a underground tunnel. This would also make it so instead of the entrance taking up like 10 squares it will only take up 1.
Details: Ok i can get it to be a viewing dome but there are a few production problems.The first is it is the wrong end if i change the WelcCntr modle to hvdome modle it is the wrong end, it is the dome wrather than the entrance to the dome. The seceond is the fact it still takes up the same amount of space as the welcome center but it is two small. Third is the fact that once the helecopter lands the game crashes.

2. Submitted by ??????? - A way wecould make it so we would not have to wait for the saffarie car to come out of the building. This way all of us who want a cool "lost world" type atmosphere would not have to have visotors running around in a facility that is supposed to be abandoned for 10 years. One mor thing it also has to be rideable.
Details: Ok i can make it so i can place a jeep on the ground like a decoration. However it has no weels and when i click on it the game crashes :? . Tips would be widly apricheated :D

3. Submitted bu spinoraptorrex - More fight prone and agressive Allosaurs and Creatosaurs. Come on in real life they would be kik'in up fights all the time.

4. Submitted by Triceraptor Rex - A modle like the hatchery power box exsept with the gate of the visitors center. Would be an awsome entrance to any dinosaur exibit.

5. Submitted by ShadowCrush - A way to alter the jeep/safarie depot so that you can port it into different depots.
Last edited by Utahraptor on Sat, 5th Jan 2008 21:21, edited 10 times in total.
Friendly FoeDay 2,
"Uagg" the UtahRaptor said as he woke up. What just happened the last thing i remember was looking at the strange animal and pain? Well no matter the most important thing now is the fact im alive.....and what is that? *Narrator=in the distance the utahraptor saw a large dinosaur with a frill chasing gallimimus* who is that. Oh man hes looking this way!!!
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Re: Mod Suggestions

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Wed, 2nd Jan 2008 21:46

This should be in Mod Development. It's not Completed so it shouldn't be in Completed Mods forum. Oh and if they came out of a tunnel, that would mean they walked to the island right? Pretty weird.
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

User Title: Experiment #762 (55% Raptor/35% Rex/20% Trike)

Unread postby Utahraptor » Thu, 3rd Jan 2008 17:48

Not walked but went by bullet train of course the bullet train would not be shown but it would sound cool riiiiiiiiight 8)
Friendly FoeDay 2,
"Uagg" the UtahRaptor said as he woke up. What just happened the last thing i remember was looking at the strange animal and pain? Well no matter the most important thing now is the fact im alive.....and what is that? *Narrator=in the distance the utahraptor saw a large dinosaur with a frill chasing gallimimus* who is that. Oh man hes looking this way!!!
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Thu, 3rd Jan 2008 17:52

I don't know, I prefer the original Visitor Center... (By the way, as we're on the topic of models, does the Jurassic Park Gate with flaming torches and everything have a seperate model?)
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Utahraptor » Thu, 3rd Jan 2008 17:58

Triceraptor Rex wrote:I don't know, I prefer the original Visitor Center... (By the way, as we're on the topic of models, does the Jurassic Park Gate with flaming torches and everything have a seperate model?)

Everybdy has there own taists but great idea flaming torches gate would be awsom for a "lost world" type atmosphere.
Friendly FoeDay 2,
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby spinoraptorrex » Thu, 3rd Jan 2008 19:06

Another suggestion: more agressive Albertos and Ceratos!
I could've sworn I saw a light coming on..
spinoraptorrex
Fodder
Fodder

User Title: I Might Be Wrong

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Fri, 4th Jan 2008 20:13

That's quite easily done, but what do you mena. Like albertos and ceratos attacking fences or something? That would need new animations, but you can make them fight with large carns with Dim's Large Carn Territory mod.
Be more specific on what your suggestion is.

I would love it if someone could sticky this. If people post their suggestions here, some epople could say whether it is possible or not and give it a go. I know if an interesting and possible FSM suggestion came up, I would love to try it.

I'm willing to do people's suggestions, I can do the first mod by Utahraptor if you want. All you have to do is replace the Visitor Centre model with a dome model.
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Utahraptor » Fri, 4th Jan 2008 21:59

Well that dident work so well it ended up being all glitchy and the game crashed when the helecopter landed. But that isent my main concern my main concern is the Jeep mod any tips they would be greatly apriceated lord knows i need them :? . Also if you would like to help out and add on my current prototype the download is there.
My main foucos right now is the jeep.
Friendly FoeDay 2,
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Suggestion!!!

Unread postby ShadowCrush » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 14:28

Alright, I got a few suggestions for some mods.

1: This have already been discussed, but I never managed to find the topic again :P . We all know the visitors fear of dinosaurs. They come to your park. Yeeeah, uuuh, aaarh... But as soon as even a small Dryo is released into your park, running and screaming comes. I don't like that, not at all. I don't remember if it was possible to change, so I ask: Can we change that? Maybe even make it different between people. Like, Thrill Seeker's can be close to big herbs, dino nerds and fun lovers to small herbs and mainstream none? Also, I've noticed that visitors usually just stand still starring, before they run away in fear. Can we make the visitors like "paralysed" by the view of dinosaurs close, but still have them not to run in fear? this let's me to the second suggestion:

2: Can we somehow manage to make another type of path? Something with a small fence (very small! not a dino fence!) on both side of the path, a few lights, an bench possibilities, but NO actual path? If we change the visitors behavior around dinos, it would be awesome to make a type of path going through a paddock, but the normal path isn't very nature looking. Also, leading to 3. suggestion:

3: Can we make a gate for the fences? Like, taking the doorway from the visitor center, and bringing it together with the fence? Though, I hardly believe it possible myself, especially if it's gonna be able to open and close. Then, what about being able to use the domes stairway to places? Making the visitor able to use one, to come up on the other side of a fence? And, leading to another suggestion yet again:

4: Multiple-ported safari-/balloon tours? Meaning the same jeep or balloon can "port" at multiple places?

5: Longer jeep driving length. Now, this is something I know is possible, but I also remember it as being quite annoying. Every time my jeep road reached a certain length, the build-path-design-things disapeard, and I had to build on with em. Annoying. can it be fixed?

Just a few suggestions. I can't think of any other right at time, as I'm a bit sick.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, almost forgot:

6: Extremely interesting. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could make the fences go diagonally? Maybe the paths too? Hell, why not everything?
Check out the JPOG Mod Generator:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8931
ShadowCrush
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: Member

Re: Suggestion!!!

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 14:50

Diagonal fences and stuff aren't possible. For having a gateway into an enclosure, the best we do at the moment is the safari ride. We could try to somehow make visitors 'walk' intead of ride through the safari building and into the enclosure.

I too want safari's togo into differnt bases not the base that they started from but that may not be possible.

Also, we can make dinosaur's not afraid of visitor's by changing the PerceptionInputs (or Outputs, can't rememeber which), but visitors don't have the perception stuff (i think they have one but not the one we're looking for) so I don't know about making certain dinosaurs not scare the visitors.
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Melea Lord » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 16:00

Triceraptor Rex wrote:That's quite easily done, but what do you mena. Like albertos and ceratos attacking fences or something? That would need new animations, but you can make them fight with large carns with Dim's Large Carn Territory mod.
Be more specific on what your suggestion is.

I would love it if someone could sticky this. If people post their suggestions here, some epople could say whether it is possible or not and give it a go. I know if an interesting and possible FSM suggestion came up, I would love to try it.

I'm willing to do people's suggestions, I can do the first mod by Utahraptor if you want. All you have to do is replace the Visitor Centre model with a dome model.

You obviousley have not downloaded some of my mods. I have got all dinos (except dilo) capable of destorying any fence (raptors climb up it) with the same animations and it still looks good.
Look at me, don't look away... don't ever look away, you'll be looking at me forever!
The GEPv2 Trailer The GEPv2 Download
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: FSM Personnel #2

Unread postby Utahraptor » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 21:15

Actually I was wondering about the safarie porting into different places too. However this may be a little bit more complicated than one would think you would probably need to make a safarie depot that dose not allow visotors or preset cars. It may be a little bit hard but il post it on my seggestions topic and see what kind of attention it brings and as we all know attention = advancements 8)
Friendly FoeDay 2,
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 21:28

You know Utahraptor, I think it would be easier for you if people just posted ALL mod suggestions on your thread. If I could, I would sticky your thread. It's easier if people like ShadowCrusher posted this suggestion on your topic. And you don't have to edit your first post with everyone else's suggestions. It would be much easier for you (and perhaps everyone else) if you just let everyone post their own suggestions on your thread.
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Utahraptor » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 22:45

How do i do that cuz i would if i could :?
Friendly FoeDay 2,
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Sat, 5th Jan 2008 23:00

Utahraptor wrote:How do i do that cuz i would if i could :?

You mean stickying a topic? Only admins and rangers can do that... I think...
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Next

Return to Mod/Skin Junkyard