How to replace Skins on OG

Whatever doesn't doesn't fit the submission requirements, it'll be posted here.
Pruned every 60 days.

Re: How to replace Skins on OG

Unread postby Kaiser_Dragon » Tue, 4th Dec 2007 17:33

meaga rex wrote:Im sorry if this problem has been answered but when i replace the dead skin with a live skin my game chrashes.I have NVIDIA GeForce256 i don't know what the next numbers are but i know i have NIVDIA and i can see the dead sknis so i don't think it's my graphics.So could someone please help.

there must be something wrong in the skin's code on the tml. did you try using the skin/tml on someone elses computer? (i cant help i dont have good Graph card u.u cant see death skins)
Kaiser_Dragon
Fodder
Fodder

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Tue, 4th Dec 2007 23:02

For some reason I can't seem to ''highlight'' or select a code in the hex editor. I am using the second recommended hex editor in the tutorial. (the one which doesn't require the user to buy the software even though it has a one month trial period).

It is different to the one DL uses (or so he states in his tutorial) and one major way is that I can't seem to be able to select a string of numbers at all. Im fact, instead of being grouped in fours (like in Dl's hex editor), the numbers or hex codes are grouped in twos... I can't seem to be able to select more than one pair of numbers at a time and even though i have windows, I can't copy and paste into notepad...

(oh and i can't, at the moment, get a different hex editor but I keen on skinning but need to put them ingame etc.

Thanks!
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

User Title: Experiment #762 (55% Raptor/35% Rex/20% Trike)

skinning tutorial video

Unread postby dragonlord9292 » Tue, 4th Dec 2007 23:46

the skinning tutorial is complicated
so if someone could make a video showing exactly what to do it would be extremely helpful.
dragons are dinos with wings
Image[br]Click here to feed me a ![br]Get your own at Dinomon!
dragonlord9292
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Legion » Wed, 5th Dec 2007 11:31

The second hex ed is the one ERC uses, perhaps she can help you.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Wed, 5th Dec 2007 16:48

For some reason I can't seem to ''highlight'' or select a code in the hex editor. I am using the second recommended hex editor in the tutorial. (the one which doesn't require the user to buy the software even though it has a one month trial period).

I don't understand why you're having trouble. You just click on the data and drag. Or, you click on the data, hold shift and press down or pg down on the keyboard.
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
In case you're wondering, I'm the upside-down one
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Talking Duck

Skin Request

Unread postby Utahraptor » Sat, 8th Dec 2007 1:37

Can someone please make a dark green raptor or a sort of camoflauge raptor PLEASE!!!!! :D
Friendly FoeDay 2,
"Uagg" the UtahRaptor said as he woke up. What just happened the last thing i remember was looking at the strange animal and pain? Well no matter the most important thing now is the fact im alive.....and what is that? *Narrator=in the distance the utahraptor saw a large dinosaur with a frill chasing gallimimus* who is that. Oh man hes looking this way!!!
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Re: Skin Request

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Sat, 8th Dec 2007 3:55

dude, this kind of thing is what the skin request thread is for this kind of thing. and ERC already did one. use the search function. its your friend.
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: The 1337 developer of tools

Unread postby Utahraptor » Sat, 8th Dec 2007 5:29

Rex_Kills_Spino wrote:dude, this kind of thing is what the skin request thread is for this kind of thing. and ERC already did one. use the search function. its your friend.

Sorry my mistake could you please tell me how to get rid of this post so im not takeing up space
P.S. could you put a link in your post so i can find the raptor skin THX 8)
Friendly FoeDay 2,
"Uagg" the UtahRaptor said as he woke up. What just happened the last thing i remember was looking at the strange animal and pain? Well no matter the most important thing now is the fact im alive.....and what is that? *Narrator=in the distance the utahraptor saw a large dinosaur with a frill chasing gallimimus* who is that. Oh man hes looking this way!!!
Utahraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby The_Lost_World » Sat, 8th Dec 2007 5:59

Not to mention it's right above this topic...

And no, only Moderators can delete topics and posts.
The_Lost_World
Monster Attraction
Monster Attraction

Unread postby Basilo » Sun, 9th Dec 2007 19:34

I'm a little confused. I looked in the two folders where there was any chance of the .bmp's showing up when I used convert CTT (at least thats how I think it's spelled). Also, I want a difinitive answer on how to make a part of a skin vanish (aka. carnotaur, baryonx, suchomimus, crestless dilopho.)
Basilosaurus
The sea killer
Basilo
Fodder
Fodder

Unread postby Kaiser_Dragon » Mon, 10th Dec 2007 5:39

Basilo wrote:I'm a little confused. I looked in the two folders where there was any chance of the .bmp's showing up when I used convert CTT (at least thats how I think it's spelled). Also, I want a difinitive answer on how to make a part of a skin vanish (aka. carnotaur, baryonx, suchomimus, crestless dilopho.)

on photoshop use any selection tool to select the part you want to delete only, just delete everything that is selected with the background deleting rubber. it'll be shown in white and grey squares.
for deleting special colored parts like around the teeth do the same procedure just that under that selection use the magic wand to select everything except the teeth (normally the teeth will be always placed on a determined colored background, just select the background with the wand after selecting all with the free selection tool. then just use the background deleting rubber again and wala.
once you extract the dds on the convertercct there will be a second bmp called _opa wich means that what you see on opa with black color wont be seen in the game o.o i hope i was clear pm me in case you dont understand xD
Kaiser_Dragon
Fodder
Fodder

Unread postby nepse » Thu, 27th Dec 2007 18:40

So where do you go to make your own skins?
nepse
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Yoshimad123 » Mon, 31st Dec 2007 18:48

nepse wrote:So where do you go to make your own skins?

You have yo download alot of stuff and use it. It isnt a thing on the web... Its in the first post.

How come when I copy and paste the HEX code of my skin (Its a DDS) into the TML, the skin is still the same as the original?
JPI dictator4life wrote:Its always this Winzip crap.
Yoshimad123
Herbivore
Herbivore

User Title: Member

Unread postby JPI dictator4life » Mon, 31st Dec 2007 19:06

Yoshimad123 wrote:
nepse wrote:So where do you go to make your own skins?

You have yo download alot of stuff and use it. It isnt a thing on the web... Its in the first post.

How come when I copy and paste the HEX code of my skin (Its a DDS) into the TML, the skin is still the same as the original?

Might be because you made it the dead skin.
JPI dictator4life
Colossus
Colossus

Re:

Unread postby Jasper Hale » Thu, 15th May 2008 2:40

ErrorS wrote:If you want you can also extract the texture with that program, open it in photoshop, edit it, save as a DDS and then copy the hex from that DDS and replace the old one in file.

It's a shame more people aren't into modding this game. I'm sure someone with knowhow could create a program that would do this with little effort :(

I JUST started skinning and was hoping that you or someone else could give me a bit more "step by step" way to get texture.
Because a dinosaur with no texture would just be Far too smooth :facepalm:
"You can sew a broken heart back together again, but that doesn’t mean that its healed…"
MCMP 0.75
Jasper Hale
Predator
Predator

User Title: MCMP Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Mod/Skin Junkyard