Definitive Answer For The Question Of Large Carn Packs

FSM files help.

Definitive Answer For The Question Of Large Carn Packs

Unread postby WanderingLamb96 » Fri, 5th Jun 2015 5:43

I apologize for asking about a topic that from what I've seen is commonly asked, but I found a bunch of different answers with no concrete evidence of which one works best, so I figured that this is the thread to answer the question: How do we create packs of large carnivores without them tearing each other apart? Hopefully then new users won't have to ask either.

From what I am aware of the only way so far is to change their TClass to that of another pack hunting dinosaur, however I've read that it might also be inside the FSM. I don't have a clue as I don't mod, but I do know that I don't want my male and female Tyrannosaurus attacking each other like they always do, lol.

What I know already:

Modding the "flock" values in the .ini does NOT stop territorial behavior in a large carnivore.

No attempt at keeping a T-Rex a T-rex as far as the games concerned has worked except for work by Jurassic_Legend at http://modgenesis.forumlaunch.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7882*

*This hasn't been updated in 4 years and I've already reached out to him with no result.

How do we re-arrange the code so same species animals aren't at each other's throats? (Unreasonably of course :lul: )
"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming." - Ian Malcolm on modding
WanderingLamb96
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: The Tyranno Soprano

Re: Definitive Answer For The Question Of Large Carn Packs

Unread postby V-Raptor » Fri, 5th Jun 2015 13:41

Maybe switch the fsm of the T-Rex with the raptor (I don't remember if that crashes the game or not though). If they behave as a pack, that should mean your solution is in the fsm and you can hunt for the specific code that makes them behave like that. If that doesn't work then it probably isn't possible. Then again I haven't played or messed around with jpog files in a long time.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Re: Definitive Answer For The Question Of Large Carn Packs

Unread postby WanderingLamb96 » Fri, 5th Jun 2015 15:47

V-Raptor wrote:Maybe switch the fsm of the T-Rex with the raptor (I don't remember if that crashes the game or not though).

Maybe Albertosaurus or Ceratosaurus? I'm thinking I don't want them to be huge packs of 5 to 6 animals, more like pairs. Would TClass also work too?

I also did a little FSM editing thanks to this: http://modgenesis.forumlaunch.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1508&start=15 which made the Tyrannosaurs fight more but they tolerated each other's presence for a little bit with some .ini editing. I actually got the female rex in my testing enclosure to have a crown over her HUD, and the two acted together when they weren't fighting. When the female rex slept the male did too. However the female got hungry and killed the male, which threw me for a huge loop.

This is going to be a lot of testing, :(

EDIT: Did some more editing, as far as I can tell changing the perception outputs also does not work, T.Rex will still see each other as they would a foe. The FSM edits I got from the link above have made it so they do not fear each other after a duel, but I can't seem to find how to eliminate the duels from them all together.

EDIT2: Ran a few tests, and the problem I am having comes from the fact that the male and female Tyrannosaurus are two different species as far as the game is concerned. I'll have to do a little diving to fix this but I'm thinking there's no way to fix it without making the Rex more docile and not like an actual JPOG Rex. However all other carnivores work fine and will not fight other members of their own species. They will still get "flare ups" where for a split second they will be aggressive however they do not duel. So go ahead and use the link if you want to solve that problem.
"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming." - Ian Malcolm on modding
WanderingLamb96
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: The Tyranno Soprano

Return to Behaviour