Guide to Cloning Dinosaurs

Animal/Building ini, inx and nwt doubts

Guide to Cloning Dinosaurs

Unread postby Pyroraptor » Wed, 25th Jul 2007 12:28

Cloning a dinosaur is a neat way of creating a new (well sort of) dinosaur without deleting an old one. This is an example using a Deinonychus.

Files edited
FslHunt,
DinoList,
Eng

Firstly, search Jurassic park and select the bottom folder, open JPOG, Data, and then units. Copy the three files saying called raptor, raptor and raptor.nwt. Then change the name of the COPIED files to deino, deino and deino.nwt making sure you name them correctly. The select the notepad file and change it to the following, name=deino; Directory=AUnitDeino; Screenname=$Unit_deino;. You can then change the Health, damage, speed, sight, smell, hearing, energy, flock size size and star rating (star rating=value). Then close and save.
Next go back to data and open dinolist. under raptor put deino. Then close and save. Go back to data and select fslhunt. go to the bottom where it says flaming cliffs and put deino after raptor. Close and save. keeping up? now go to GUI, locales, Eng. Scroll down until you find Unit_raptor "Velociraptor"; under this put Unit_deino "Deinonychus"; Close and save. Now you have a new dino species that will look the same as a raptor but will have different strengths and weaknesses. Have fun.
Pyroraptor

Re: Guide to Cloning Dinosaurs

Unread postby Dark Star » Wed, 25th Jul 2007 17:56

Ahh, an old mod. Usually I have to search for this to make sure I'm doing it right. :) I've got only one question: Will this work on saved games? I've made two semi new dinosaurs a looong time ago, but they don't seem to show up on saved games. Is this a permanent problem or can it be fixed? :D
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Pyroraptor » Thu, 26th Jul 2007 10:04

what so when you load a site B for instance the dino doesn't appear in the hatchery?
Pyroraptor

Unread postby PONCHO » Thu, 26th Jul 2007 16:16

Yeah im sure most mods like this never show up on an old loaded game. Like ERC's multiple raptor will only show up if I make a new island or load one i made after I installed the mod.

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis New Emergency Siren with warning announcents
http://filebeam.com/4cf4f3aa92a0991ecdaf9646e9efe365
PONCHO
Predator
Predator

Unread postby Pyroraptor » Thu, 26th Jul 2007 19:41

im not sure if it can be fixed or not. it probably can its just figuring out how.
Pyroraptor

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Wed, 8th Aug 2007 13:43

Pyroraptor wrote:Cloning a dinosaur is a neat way of creating a new (well sort of) dinosaur without deleting an old one. This is an example using a Deinonychus.

Files edited
FslHunt,
DinoList,
Eng

Firstly, search Jurassic park and select the bottom folder, open JPOG, Data, and then units. Copy the three files saying called raptor, raptor and raptor.nwt. Then change the name of the COPIED files to deino, deino and deino.nwt making sure you name them correctly. The select the notepad file and change it to the following, name=deino; Directory=AUnitDeino; Screenname=$Unit_deino;. You can then change the Health, damage, speed, sight, smell, hearing, energy, flock size size and star rating (star rating=value). Then close and save.
Next go back to data and open dinolist. under raptor put deino. Then close and save. Go back to data and select fslhunt. go to the bottom where it says flaming cliffs and put deino after raptor. Close and save. keeping up? now go to GUI, locales, Eng. Scroll down until you find Unit_raptor "Velociraptor"; under this put Unit_deino "Deinonychus"; Close and save. Now you have a new dino species that will look the same as a raptor but will have different strengths and weaknesses. Have fun.

I followed this word for word with my Camarasaurus File when I was trying to clone it and get a Mamenchisaurus. it didn't work and whenever I go into the Hatchery, my game crashes and this error report nonsense comes up. Also, and this is a major major problem, in the DInopedia all my dinos have been mixed up. It thinks that PAras are Large Carns, Rex ans SPinos are Large HErbs and that Edmonto is a Small HErb! Help! I've deleted all the MAmenchisaurus files I made and returned all the files to how it was before I started modding them and still it happens... I really need HElp!
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

User Title: Experiment #762 (55% Raptor/35% Rex/20% Trike)

Unread postby Melea Lord » Wed, 8th Aug 2007 14:51

Are you absoluetly sure you have replaced all the files you've edited with the orriginal? If you have well you may have to re-install :(
Look at me, don't look away... don't ever look away, you'll be looking at me forever!
The GEPv2 Trailer The GEPv2 Download
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: FSM Personnel #2

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Wed, 8th Aug 2007 15:36

Melea Lord wrote:Are you absoluetly sure you have replaced all the files you've edited with the orriginal? If you have well you may have to re-install :(

Actually, I still had all my Camarasaurus files intact and now its the same. I basically copied all 3 of its files (ini., inx. and nwt.) and renamed them Memenchi. I changed the fslhnt thing and its dinopedia entry and its english.txt etc.

EDIT: I've just found something in the dinoped.ini file that I forgot to delete. Now the MAJOR dinopedia mistake is over and it is back to normal. But whenever I go into the hatchery. I can, as usual, create dinos in all catgories (small carns etc) but in the large herbs section. As soon as I get to Camarasaurus the screen goes black and the error report comes up. I can still create all LArge herbs BEFORE Camarasaurus comes up. I don't know how to solve this. Still looking it up properly. Thanks! :)

I've just found out that when you clone you have to put the new dino in the digsite of the original dino. Darn it. I put my Mamenchi in the Flaming Cliffs!
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby Melea Lord » Thu, 9th Aug 2007 10:22

Use the edit button. You did a double double post in the aproved mods section lol.

EDIT: I'm a harmless carnivore!! Whoo!
Look at me, don't look away... don't ever look away, you'll be looking at me forever!
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Unread postby Triceraptor Rex » Thu, 9th Aug 2007 10:37

Melea Lord wrote:Use the edit button. You did a double double post in the aproved mods section lol.

EDIT: I'm a harmless carnivore!! Whoo!

Sorry. ANyway, the problem is fixed now. It just so happens that the fact I couldn't create a Camara had nothing to do witt my Mamenchi clone. I had earlier made Camara available in another digsite (rocky cliffs, my own creation! :D )
Sweet, sweet memories.
Triceraptor Rex
Mod Tester

Unread postby MAD » Sun, 19th Aug 2007 6:32

Is there a way to put it somewhere else in the fslhunt? i have my deinonychu and my raptors in the same digsite, but i want to give them a different skin, to tell them apart. is there a way to do this?

Woohoo im Fodder! :D
MAD
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Melea Lord » Sun, 19th Aug 2007 9:58

I think you need ERC's muilti TML for the new skins. And by a different place in the fsl INI do you mean a different digsite. Well to do that you would need your dino's skin in the TML the digsite your placing the new dinosaur points too. But I don't know if you can do that. I asked on Quick Qs and no one's answered. :(
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Unread postby MAD » Sun, 19th Aug 2007 15:15

Melea Lord wrote:And by a different place in the fsl INI do you mean a different digsite.
Yeah. Ill try the Muiltl TML thing. thanks for the tips. :D
MAD
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby locust » Mon, 20th Aug 2007 16:08

how do i clone a dino and change it's skin?
locust
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Dark Star » Mon, 20th Aug 2007 22:58

Basically you need to write a multiple skin TML or replace the dead skin, both you need to know what you're doing.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Next

Return to Units