How to make a new dinosaur?? (no cloning)

TML and sound file assistance

How to make a new dinosaur?? (no cloning)

Unread postby KairosRaptor » Sun, 10th Apr 2016 0:51

so ive been trying to make an ornitholestes using dilophosaurus model and unit, ive done EVERYTHING right except the TML so i tried to paste the dead ornitholestes skin and the alive ornitholestes skin it seems to be made right but when i open the TML file with cct converter , it crashes so does the game could someone explain how to do this?

PS: i did put "Ornitho" after dilopho in the TML the right way idk why this isnt working
KairosRaptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Re: How to make a new dinosaur?? (no cloning)

Unread postby V-Raptor » Sun, 10th Apr 2016 13:44

TML's are very nitpicky, I'd start over if I were you, and try to follow one of the multi-skin TML guides around here to the letter. Also, be sure you're converting to the right DDS format. IIRC it should be DXT5 with no mipmaps. Don't quote me on that tho.

If you get really desperate you could just find a working multi-skin TML for a Dilo skin and paste your work over that. As long as you don't release it with someone else's work on there it's fine.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby KairosRaptor » Mon, 11th Apr 2016 3:08

V-Raptor wrote:If you get really desperate you could just find a working multi-skin TML for a Dilo skin and paste your work over that. As long as you don't release it with someone else's work on there it's fine.

Thanks! But where can i download that?
KairosRaptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby V-Raptor » Tue, 12th Apr 2016 17:06

Well, you could browse the skins around here to see if you can find any dilopho that's multi-skinned. A lot of skins got posted back in the old days, so there's a lot to choose from, although to be honest I can't guarantee you'll be able to find one for this. Worth a try tough.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Return to Skinning and sounds