Music suggestions?

TML and sound file assistance

Music suggestions?

Unread postby raptorclaw » Tue, 17th Jun 2014 3:36

I'm working on a little project, and I need some suggestions for music. It has to be heavy metal/ hard rock type music. Anyone got any?
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Re: Music suggestions?

Unread postby V-Raptor » Tue, 17th Jun 2014 14:26

It's hard to say what may be appropriate for your project without having an idea of what it is. I'm not much of a metal guy, though, so even then I don't know how much I can help.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby raptorclaw » Wed, 18th Jun 2014 3:15

I'm making a remix of JPOG with undead skins, volcanic terrain, and an eerie setting. It'll be called "JPOG: Resurrection", but I need music too. I already have Metallica, Slayer, Avenged Sevenfold, Anthrax, Exodus, Pantera, Asking Alexandria, Sodom, and Megadeth, but my goal is to have one song for each band.
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

Unread postby V-Raptor » Wed, 18th Jun 2014 6:25

Hmmm, I don't know how eerie I'd consider those bands. To be honest, if you're going for atmosphere you'd do better off with some more minimalistic ambient noises.

That said, maybe the easter egg CoD zombies songs by Elena Siegman fit the bill. Apart from that can't really come up with anything. Maybe Radiohead's Climbing Up The Walls, it's a fairly unnerving-sounding song, but it's not metal.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Legion » Wed, 18th Jun 2014 21:12

The scariest songs are ALWAYS kid songs/instrumentals.

Metal? That's not spooky nor creepy except for very select songs.

What makes something spooky/unsettling is the discord between what you're seeing vs what you're hearing. It's that low, irregular unsettling ambience soundtrack in an otherwise empty albeight dimly lit corridor. It's a piano's keynote as you open a door.
What you want is something that'll keep your players on their toes without them even realizing why. You want subtlety.

Look into games like early resident evils, F.E.A.R., Silent Hill. Also, you should probably try to find non-copyrighted stuff.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby raptorclaw » Mon, 23rd Jun 2014 4:58

V-Raptor wrote:Hmmm, I don't know how eerie I'd consider those bands. To be honest, if you're going for atmosphere you'd do better off with some more minimalistic ambient noises.

That said, maybe the easter egg CoD zombies songs by Elena Siegman fit the bill. Apart from that can't really come up with anything. Maybe Radiohead's Climbing Up The Walls, it's a fairly unnerving-sounding song, but it's not metal.

I've got Damned for the menu music. And Paredolia (Shangri La Easter Egg song) is a song I picked out

Looked up climbing off the walls. Gonna use it.

Legion wrote:The scariest songs are ALWAYS kid songs/instrumentals.

Metal? That's not spooky nor creepy except for very select songs.

What makes something spooky/unsettling is the discord between what you're seeing vs what you're hearing. It's that low, irregular unsettling ambience soundtrack in an otherwise empty albeight dimly lit corridor. It's a piano's keynote as you open a door.
What you want is something that'll keep your players on their toes without them even realizing why. You want subtlety.

Basically, I was going to use mainly Metal songs for dinosaur introductions, and creepy music for the background and menu. I didn't ask for creepy songs because I've already picked them out.
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

Unread postby V-Raptor » Mon, 23rd Jun 2014 9:38

Can you share the creepy songs you've chosen? I'm a bit of a sucker for those.

V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby raptorclaw » Mon, 23rd Jun 2014 22:01

V-Raptor wrote:Can you share the creepy songs you've chosen? I'm a bit of a sucker for those.

I want to keep a lot of them a secret, but besides Damned, here's 3:

The One- Elena Siegman
Nightmare (instrumental)- Avenged Sevenfold (the beginning is perfect too)
Looking West- Insidious 2 soundtrack
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

Return to Skinning and sounds