TML TOOLS V2

TML and sound file assistance

Do you want the ability to build the loading screen TMLs with TML TOOLS?

Poll ended at Fri, 24th Jan 2014 19:07

ERRMAHGERD! THAT WOULD COMPLETE MY MODZORZ PLEASE GIMMIE NAO!
100%
No, thats dumb.
No votes

Total votes : 3

TML TOOLS V2

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Thu, 3rd Oct 2013 1:35

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Poll
Do you guys want a window within the program that assembles the "bkg" (loading screen) TML's?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now With HQ (4096) and HD (8192) Skin Support

This is a long time coming. It is not finished, I will admit, and several of the features are not yet implemented. However, I am working on them actively and will update here with newer iterations. This also means that I will NO LONGER be supporting the first TML Tools program.

So, I am sure you are all wondering what is new. Currently, (besides the modified logo, and awesome new tooltips) the program has automatic support for skins up to [s]2048x2048[/s] effing 8192x8192*(Update, HD skin support added on 1/14/2014 3:35 AM) for Dinosaurs, Vehicles, Flora (Update, Flora added on 11/2/2013), and People (Update, People added on 11/3/2013 1:56 AM).

Here are a few Screenshots To show you what you are getting into:

The Dinosaur TML Page

The Vehicles TML Page

The Flora TML Page

The People TML Page

Now, on to the nitty gritty.

In order to run this program, you will need .NET framework 4.5. Things have changed since the first one was programmed, and the code under the hood of this program wont work on 2.5 like the first one did. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

TML TOOLS V2 was designed with ease of use in mind. To use, follow this procedure:

DINOSAURS
1) Select your Digsite
2) Select all of the skins you plan to use. The numbering of skins (1-3) is based on how they are arranged in the .tml file. So if you are using the "dinos_judithriver_b" tml, T.Rex is dino #1, as he comes first in the file
3) Name the output file. I cannot stress enough how you simply are naming it, not listing a file-path + name
4) Hit the "Build .TML File!!" button. The output .tml is placed in the ROOT folder of the TML TOOLS program.
5) Profit.

Vehicles
1) Select all of the skins you plan to use. The names correspond to the names found in the footer of the vehicles.tml file
2) Name the output file. I cannot stress enough how you simply are naming it, not listing a file-path + name
3) Hit the "Build .TML File!!" button. The output .tml is placed in the ROOT folder of the TML TOOLS program.
4) Profit.

Flora
1) Select all of the skins you plan to use. The names are directly from the footer of the flora .tml file
2) Hit the "Build .TML File!!" button. The output .tmls are placed in the ROOT folder of the TML TOOLS program. There will be two files, flora.tml and Flora_Hi.tml. You will need them both.
3) Profit.

People
1) Select all of the skins you plan to use. The names are taken directly from the output of the people .tml file ran through ConvertCCT
2) Hit the "Build .TML File!!" button. The output .tml is placed in the ROOT folder of the TML TOOLS program.
3) Profit.

So, do you want it? I know you do. Here, have a download link: DOWNLOAD NOW CUZ MASTA WONT STOP THE AWESOMESAUCE!

OR, if you prefer, you can get it from Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?up5ckacjday24f4

*A note about higher resolution skins: The higher resolution the skin, the higher the size of the file itself; I understand this is kind of obvious, but what may not be obvious is the impact that it can have on gameplay if running on a lower-end system. To summarize it without getting crazy technical, ill make a size comparison: the biggest dinosaur tml (by default) is the Morrison B tml, which is 1.5 MB in size. If you made a tml with all six skins @ 248x248 resolution, the tml will be a whopping 24MB. That is pretty damn big for this kind of file (about 3 times larger than putting all of the stock dinosaur tml's together). Now if you did that for all of the dinosaur tmls it comes out to 216 MB, which will slow your game down like crazy or make it completely unplayable if you only have the recommended system requirements. I understand that these days most people have a computer far exceeding those requirements, but I figured I should post that nonetheless.

****VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!
The size of the .dds files you use have to be one of the following (in bytes):
16512 bytes <typically 128x128
65664 bytes <typically 256x256
262272 bytes <typically 512x512
1048704 bytes <typically 1024x1024
4194432 bytes <typically 2048x2048
Last edited by MastaFoo69 on Fri, 31st Jul 2015 2:52, edited 23 times in total.
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

User Title: The 1337 developer of tools

Re: TML TOOLS VERSION TWO RELEASE PAGE, Vehicle Skinning add

Unread postby V-Raptor » Thu, 3rd Oct 2013 12:58

"It's lovely and you should use it. 10/10 + Sticky"
-V-Raptor

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Re: TML TOOLS VERSION TWO RELEASE PAGE, Vehicle Skinning add

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Thu, 3rd Oct 2013 19:00

V-Raptor wrote:"It's lovely and you should use it. 10/10 + Sticky"
-V-Raptor

Thank you V-Raptor for the sticky and recommendation. A note to everyone, more features are incoming, and more tml options will become avaliable as I find/rewrite .tml files. If you have rewritten tmls for things like the building, and send them to me via pm, or just post them here, I will use the rewritten structure (giving credit for the re-write where it is due) to add that particular tml to the list of options. Currently, im working to implement the people .tml file, and after that, Im thinking trees. I have a few suprises up my sleeve in store, so keep checking this thread regularly!!!
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Re: TML TOOLS VERSION TWO RELEASE PAGE, Flora skinning added

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Sun, 3rd Nov 2013 0:36

blah blah double post and stuff. Ive added Flora skinning, check the first post for new download link
Update, People added on 11/3/2013 1:56 AM
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Re: TML TOOLS V2 Can Skin Dinos, Vehicles, Flora, & People!

Unread postby V-Raptor » Sun, 3rd Nov 2013 9:44

That's really cool. I never really saw many flora mods, and I think that is probably because it was a bit more complicated than modding dino tml's. Same thing for vehicles.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Sun, 3rd Nov 2013 21:32

Indeed. People too, the TML is a little funny, the UIDs go from 14-10, 0F-0A, then 9-0. I'm not at all happy with the layout of the people TML page, I want to find a more visually appealing layout. Note to everyone, feedback is very welcomed and appreciated, user feedback is the best way for me to make this program better for everyone!

Update, I added a Google Drive link for people with issues with filebeam
Update, I added a MediaFire link also.
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Unread postby doudda » Mon, 9th Dec 2013 22:00

Hi :)

Your program help a lot of people that want to skin and the time winned is very welcomed too ^^ thank you for your excellent work :grin: and about this : " Note to everyone, feedback is very welcomed and appreciated, user feedback is the best way for me to make this program better for everyone! " --> you should make the buildings (Structures_Hi.tml) and the fences (Fences_Hi) into your program (i know that there are many files..some people may need those 2 features who know ^^ ) and it would be THE TML TOOL :x3: you should make that along with a new theme and name it V3 :grin:
doudda
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Mon, 9th Dec 2013 23:39

doudda wrote: you should make the buildings (Structures_Hi.tml) and the fences (Fences_Hi) into your program (i know that there are many files..some people may need those 2 features who know ^^ ) and it would be THE TML TOOL :x3:

In the works. Its thus far been MUCH harder than the others do to being written differently (half true, they are encrypted) and me not having the time to write it like a conventional tml file; but Buildings and Fences are indeed in the works, along with a few other neat features that I need to figure out how to properly/seamlessly integrate
doudda wrote: you should make that ... and name it V3 :grin:

This will be under the V2 name until it does more than simply build stock TMLs with new or improved assets hint-diddly-hint-hint *wink*

along with a new theme

I have few ideas for a new theme outside of the MG theme it uses. Im thinking about a really unique looking layout, similar to my tool launcher program that some of you may remember (yea, the 'shopped JP logo with the buttons where the words wouldve been)

Thank you for your input, it IS really appreciated, and to be wholly honest, I was starting to think that nobody was using/finding this program, and was starting to get discouraged, so getting some real user input is encouraging to keep working on it
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Unread postby raptorclaw » Tue, 10th Dec 2013 3:59

Just a thought, maybe you should post TML tools to JM. They have fewer users but more guests who visit to download mods. It'll help raise the popularity of TML tools v2. But don't expect any comments. It's like a barren wasteland now :dry: ........
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Tue, 10th Dec 2013 5:56

What is JIM?
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Unread postby raptorclaw » Tue, 10th Dec 2013 13:05

MastaFoo69 wrote:What is JIM?

(Facepalm) JM stands for Jurassic Mods, the biggest "rival" of Modding Genesis and second largest JPOG website.
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

Unread postby Legion » Tue, 10th Dec 2013 16:46

MastaFoo69 wrote:What is JIM?

He's disappointed with you
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby MastaFoo69 » Tue, 10th Dec 2013 23:41

I see what i did there. Late night monitor vision :p. Might as well, being that my program has the MG logo on it (which hyperlinks to this site) its essentially a functional MG ad.

Legion wrote:He's disappointed with you

I lol'ed

Side note, please take one second to vote on the poll :D
MastaFoo69
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member

Re: TML TOOLS V2 Poll Added, Please participate.

Unread postby raptorclaw » Wed, 11th Dec 2013 0:06

I did. And I don't think that JM wod really care that it is essentially a MG ad. As I said before, very few members that aren't spam bots rarely visit. All that's left is me and one other person, no admins, and 3 spambots. It's a damn train wreck.
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

Re: TML TOOLS V2 Poll Added, Please participate.

Unread postby V-Raptor » Wed, 11th Dec 2013 15:29

about the poll, I think super high res is unnecessary in the sense that I don't think it should get in the way of other features. Thought I should clarify my position.

V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

Next

Return to Skinning and sounds