Baby Dinosaurs: I've done it

Animal/Building ini, inx and nwt mods

Re: Baby Dinosaurs: I've done it

Unread postby soulix121202 » Sat, 10th Oct 2009 17:59

ok ok ok ok ok ok!!! I think I've posted this already, but in case I haven't:
probably there's something else out there, because it's working on some games and in others it isn't...constant.ini HAS in fact something to do, it doesn't change it directly, but it MUST (MUST must m u s t
or else this mod wouldn't be working ANYWHERE AT ALL) help the mdo somehow someway.....maybe it's helping the other modifications, such as linking or something like that...but for now, please stop fighting about constant.ini!!! it is helping somehow, not directly as peterthereaper insists, but it IS helping.
"God creates Dinosaurs. God destroys Dinosaurs. God creates men. Men destroys God. Men creates Dinosaurs." "Dinosaurs, eat men. And then women inherits the Earth"

Ian Malcom and Ellie Satler, Jurassic Park
soulix121202
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

User Title: Member

Unread postby Legion » Sat, 10th Oct 2009 18:03

soulix121202 wrote:ok ok ok ok ok ok!!! I think I've posted this already, but in case I haven't:
probably there's something else out there, because it's working on some games and in others it isn't...constant.ini HAS in fact something to do, it doesn't change it directly, but it MUST (MUST must m u s t
or else this mod wouldn't be working ANYWHERE AT ALL) help the mdo somehow someway.....maybe it's helping the other modifications, such as linking or something like that...but for now, please stop fighting about constant.ini!!! it is helping somehow, not directly as peterthereaper insists, but it IS helping.

PeterTheReaper wrote:And, again, I repeat: anyone who thinks constant.ini has anything to do with it, either give me a direct line that you can prove to be responsible for it, or shut the hell up. I've worked with constant.ini for several years and not once did it change anything related to dino size. In fact, it has no line referencing dinosaur size.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby soulix121202 » Sat, 10th Oct 2009 18:12

PeterTheReaper wrote:
soulix121202 wrote:ok ok ok ok ok ok!!! I think I've posted this already, but in case I haven't:

PeterTheReaper wrote:And, again, I repeat: anyone who thinks constant.ini has anything to do with it, either give me a direct line that you can prove to be responsible for it, or shut the hell up. I've worked with constant.ini for several years and not once did it change anything related to dino size. In fact, it has no line referencing dinosaur size.

ok well than I'll just have to shut up for a matter of time...but I'll come here and post just the line being modified and the other mods and it'll be still working
"God creates Dinosaurs. God destroys Dinosaurs. God creates men. Men destroys God. Men creates Dinosaurs." "Dinosaurs, eat men. And then women inherits the Earth"

soulix121202
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby opzius » Wed, 14th Oct 2009 1:05

i replaced the files and my game crashed
what did i do wrong?
opzius
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby soulix121202 » Fri, 16th Oct 2009 6:08

opzius wrote:i replaced the files and my game crashed
what did i do wrong?

to be truly honest, not sure...it's also crashing on someone else's game, IDK if it has anything to do with other files. As for now, you should've backed up your files, so replace my files with the original ones...I'll try to see whts happening later

soulix121202
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby opzius » Sun, 18th Oct 2009 12:39

i think something infected my downloaded version of constant.ini because the game won't crash when replaced with the original
opzius
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby AbeSerKer » Thu, 29th Oct 2009 22:11

Ok...

I know I'm being ignored here but listen to me. The change has absolutely NOTHING, NOTHING to do with the GameConstants ini. The person who modified this folder did so in the scripts. I repeat this is the exact line again. In the "UNITS" folder there a another folder called "WIN". In the "WIN" Folder there is a folder called "DinoFSM". The original creator modified the scripts C_IDLE and H_IDLE.

Here is the modified line:
state PreAcquireNewFlock
{
action SetRand(0, 4)
transition GetRand() == 0
{
action SwallowScaleTarget(2.9, 1.9)
goto AcquireNewFlock
}
transition GetRand() == 1
{
action SwallowScaleTarget(2.2, 0.6)
goto AcquireNewFlock
}
transition GetRand() == 2
{
action SwallowScaleTarget(2.4, 1.2)
goto AcquireNewFlock
}
transition GetRand() == 3
{
action SwallowScaleTarget(2.8, 1.8)
goto AcquireNewFlock
}
transition
{
;//action SwallowScaleTarget(1.7, 1.2)
goto AcquireNewFlock
}
}
state AcquireNewFlock
{
transition AcquireFlockTarget(true)
{
goto FlockChangeCheck
}
transition
{
goto IdleChoose
}
}

That line was never in the original file. What happens is every so often the script changes scale of the flock members. This is why a big dino can become small and vise ver. The Dinosaur HAS to be in a flock for this to work btw.
AbeSerKer
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby soulix121202 » Fri, 30th Oct 2009 1:15

this is getting just bad bad bad bad...if this mod works on you good for you if it doesnt deeply sorry

soulix121202
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby Legion » Fri, 30th Oct 2009 10:24

soulix121202 wrote:this is getting just bad bad bad bad...

That's what happens when you post something without verifying cause & effect.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby soulix121202 » Sun, 1st Nov 2009 16:47

Legion wrote:
soulix121202 wrote:this is getting just bad bad bad bad...

That's what happens when you post something without verifying cause & effect.

yup now I know. This was my first and last post that I'll make without verifying

soulix121202
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby Mattsugaia » Wed, 25th Nov 2009 20:55

I can confirm that the constant.ini file has nothing to do with the mod, obviously. I tried adding the mod, except for the constant.ini, and I have had success with making different sized dinosaurs. I haven't tried it with the constant.ini, though. Also, is there a limit to the sizes of the dinosaurs? I ask this because I made 10 different raptors and they all seemed to be the same size. Perhaps they can't get any smaller?

Also, I made a Edmontosaurus that was bigger than a Spino! Unless the Spino was just small... Still, this mod is pretty awesome! :x3:
Matt: Paiyne, Hitsu123
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Bruce Lee
Mattsugaia
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Hitsu123, bringer of Paiyne.

Unread postby AbeSerKer » Wed, 2nd Dec 2009 22:50

Do you have GEP running as a mod? Or is it just vanilla?
AbeSerKer
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Mattsugaia » Thu, 3rd Dec 2009 2:26

I have GEP v2. also, I found out that the only difference between this mod and ERC's mod is that the dinosaur can come out of the hatchery with different sizes. other than that, any dino can become smaller or bigger.
Matt: Paiyne, Hitsu123
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Bruce Lee
Mattsugaia
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Hitsu123, bringer of Paiyne.

Unread postby AbeSerKer » Thu, 3rd Dec 2009 21:34

I have a theory/hypothesis. Since GEP changes the raptor packing behavior, it messes with the scripts of normal carnivore behavior. You notice in GEP raptors need to "Talk" to each other instead of simply becoming pack members. Try it on vanilla Genesis.
AbeSerKer
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Raging Raptor » Thu, 3rd Dec 2009 23:28

AbeSerKer wrote:I have a theory/hypothesis. Since GEP changes the raptor packing behavior, it messes with the scripts of normal carnivore behavior. You notice in GEP raptors need to "Talk" to each other instead of simply becoming pack members. Try it on vanilla Genesis.

I don't understand what your 'theory' is.
₪"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets"₪
-General Patton
Raging Raptor
Feisty Herbivore
Feisty Herbivore

User Title: Call me whatever home slice.

PreviousNext

Return to Units