Night Weather

Game structure files (fslhunt.ini, eng.txt, research.ini, constant.ini, bldmenu.ini, etc)

Re: Night Weather

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Sun, 13th Jul 2008 12:48

should i download this i have everything on high on my setup except Terrain Quality which goes to meduim at its highest can i keep the reflective water on?

Hang on, are you sure you're on about terrain quality? As if you can't have terrain quality on high, you can't have reflective water either
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
In case you're wondering, I'm the upside-down one
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

User Title: Talking Duck

Unread postby raptorkid123 » Sun, 13th Jul 2008 12:55

My Terrain Quality will on to Medium or Low it doesnt go on high and dont worry i will get a new graphics card 1 day just you wait ERC 1 day i thought id put that in i just heard on a film lol nah but really i might enter a screenshot contest when i can get a new gra[hics which allows me to have reflective water

EDIT:
ERC on the main.gui i just cant see that line to change the icon i really cant
Last edited by Melea Lord on Wed, 16th Jul 2008 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do Not Double Post
raptorkid123
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: Velociraptor

Unread postby arthur52 » Tue, 5th Aug 2008 10:15

I like this mod, it's more real.
arthur52
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Gopher » Tue, 5th Aug 2008 15:55

Yeah, this is a "must-download."
Gopher
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Gopher- What'd'ya think?

Re:

Unread postby arthur52 » Thu, 7th Aug 2008 19:07

Just a question : Is it possible to add a new weather ? I mean, instead of replace the rain, add the night as new weather. ???
arthur52
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Thu, 7th Aug 2008 20:40

Just a question : Is it possible to add a new weather ? I mean, instead of replace the rain, add the night as new weather. ???

No
[url=http://o-eternal-o.deviantart.com/][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OlIrXdcBUNA/RnK5AbBuSmI/AAAAAAAAAIE/yvytUqMgZps/s400/DuckParty.png[/img][/url]
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

Unread postby Chrno_raptor » Mon, 11th Aug 2008 6:49

cool mode, i added it to the game, but one question:

could You make a tsunami, or something like that, maybe instead of the Tornado

would be really cool
One of my last works, that i accidentally didnt delete.
check out my skins
Skins by Chrno_raptor
Chrno_Raptors sound pack
UDEP RULES
Chrno_raptor
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: INI modifier, skin maker, game enhancer, ninjutsu trainee 8. kyu chuunin

Unread postby Inquisitor42 » Tue, 12th Aug 2008 10:45

Nope, cant be done.
Inquisitor42
Fodder
Fodder

Unread postby SusannaNO2 » Tue, 12th Aug 2008 11:24

Chrno_raptor wrote:could You make a tsunami, or something like that, maybe instead of the Tornado

would be really cool

Maybe, but i don't think so. You can change the wind speed in weather.ini, i think.
SusannaNO2
Herbivore
Herbivore

User Title: RECKONER

Unread postby Chrno_raptor » Thu, 21st Aug 2008 8:08

great mod. i love it very very much
One of my last works, that i accidentally didnt delete.
check out my skins
Skins by Chrno_raptor
Chrno_Raptors sound pack
UDEP RULES
Chrno_raptor
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: INI modifier, skin maker, game enhancer, ninjutsu trainee 8. kyu chuunin

Unread postby ravenclawstefan » Fri, 29th Aug 2008 2:21

... I skipped to the end, so i'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but here goes:

I shall name this Lunar/Solar eclipse! Im not sure if an eclipse can be counted as a weather, and I know that they don't last for a month, but hey! In real time, it only lasts minuets so... well it's creative, and I like it!

EDIT: I loved it! I don;t usually like dark settings and terrains and stuff, but just like the GEPv2's terrain, this weather amazed me! WELL DONE :clap:
Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?”
ravenclawstefan
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby JacopoX1993 » Sun, 7th Sep 2008 23:46

Well, firstly, my congratulations to ERC. This mod is brilliant, but I didn't like it to replace weather, so i tried add the night weather. I put the file erc has made avible to download on the first post for the high quality, under the name of skynight.dds, in the data folder.Then I made a new paragraph in weather.ini, with the data of the night, called Night. Then i created a new line in the eng.txt, 28515 Night; i then insert a new line in the main gui, called Night, just below the lightrain, with the parameters erc told us in the first post. Now comes the interesting news: i opened the .exe file, SimJp, with a text editor, and I had the idea of searching for lightrain with the search instrument. I scrolled down along the file, and when I was about to give up, I found an interesting line:

oScore%i Penalty TotalScore AlbumButton APhotoAnalyserDialog Aš™™>ÍÌÌ>333? €? ? ÈB €? €? ðA €? ÍÌL>333?ffæ>ÍÌ ?š™?ÍÌÌ> úC ÍÌL>ÍÌL?ff&?fff? úC ? «ªª> €? €? €? €?     @ €      @ €      @ €      @R\ výr P2\ Data/AmbSound.ini AmbientSounds Normal LightRain HeavyRain Tornado Heatwave GridWidth GridHeight OceanMinPercentWater SwampMinPercentWater SwampTreeMinPercentTree LandTreeMinPercentTree High

and then another one, much more interesting:

g WeatherLocked Light.ini Ambient Error: Light.ini has bad format (Ambient)
Diffuse Error: Light.ini has bad format (Diffuse)
Scales Error: Light.ini has bad format (Scales)
Data/Weather.ini normal lightrain heavyrain heatwave drylength wetlength dryprobability wetprobability minwindspeedKPH maxwindspeedKPH setting deepoceancolour waterdistortion pc_fogcolour pc_fognear pc_fogfar sky pc_fronttop pc_frontbot pc_backtop

which looked like to be the string of the .exe to the weather.ini.
I tried to put night in this lines, after lightrain as i put night below lightrain in the main.gui, and i saved. The .exe lost its icon and the game then didn't start anymore. I've now back-upped all files, though i've still a modified copy of the main.gui, the eng.txt, the ambsound and the weather.ini. I'm absolutely not expert in programming, and I know people have already said a loooooot of time which is not possible to add new weather, but those lines... intrigued me so much.... I'dd like to know if it's now possible to add a new weather (or more than one, fore example, light rain night, an "sunny" night and a heavy rain night plus the normal weathers at the same time). If it's possible I will once again have to thanks all the modders, and all people who works to enhance this game, if not, I however thanks you for the wonderful job -like allways-.

P.S.: I think there are severals typing errors in the message, but I think you can understand me: I haven't slept since 12 hours ago, today I've studied latin for four hours and above all, i haven't opened an english book in the last three month.
Sorry to take your time.
JacopoX1993
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Jacopo

Unread postby Eternal_Rocker_Chick » Mon, 8th Sep 2008 20:14

It's great you're looking into this, but i'm afriad all of what you've done and found i've already done and tried. By trying to add a string in an executable, it moves all the data below it along a bit, which messes it up, as it's still trying to call string names from the location they were in before you added the new string. So, say, it's trying to look for what to do with the icon and what it's looking for has gone down a line due to what you've added in, but it's still looking at where it was before. If you understand that.

You can't lengthen or shorten an executable file. Especially not in the middle of the data.
Eternal_Rocker_Chick
Apex Hunter
Apex Hunter

Unread postby JacopoX1993 » Tue, 9th Sep 2008 11:24

Oh...yes, I understand. :(
JacopoX1993
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Jacopo

Unread postby Integrity Zero » Mon, 24th Nov 2008 1:02

I just wanted to know, could you repost a picture of the high-quality Night Mod? I'd be very interested in seeing that.

Also, is this completely compatible with the GEPv2, given how the new pack changes the sky files?
I believe that He loves you where you are
I believe that you've seen the hands of God
I believe that you'll know it when
You're back in His arms again

Mark Schultz, "Back in His Arms Again"
Integrity Zero
Predator
Predator

User Title: Call me Izzy.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay