Dino Poop Mod (AKA Baby Dinos)

Game structure files (fslhunt.ini, eng.txt, research.ini, constant.ini, bldmenu.ini, etc)

Re: Dino Poop Mod (AKA Baby Dinos)

Unread postby Integrity Zero » Tue, 17th Mar 2009 1:50

Sgt. Angel wrote:Ah, Integ0. You and I differ on the use of the Dino Poop mod :) I don't really use the actual mod itself, though I have converted its function a bit (all credit to its original creator though) so that you can have properly sized Procompsognathids in my MCM mod. When I PM you tommorow with the details of it all I'll let you see what I've done. Might change your mind about this mods' uses in the game. :amused: Baryonix knows most of what I'm doing with the Compies as well, since I talked to him about it a lot when I first came up with the idea behind it.

Sgt. Angel

Oh really? Properly-sized Compies? If I remember correctly, you can't control the size of the dinosaurs via the Dino Poop Mod - you might have a gigantic compy the size of a Hadrosaur if you're not careful. I'd love to hear how you possibly made it be "properly-sized" - although this may mean that they're not all the same size, but similar. While it would be weird to have compies emerging from dinosaurs' excrement, I would be willing to pay that price if we could get some really nice compies into the game.

I might bring up, though, that it might be very hard to control how other dinosaurs respond to a compy. If a Rex was to devour one, we wouldn't want it to return to a normal dinosaur's size, yet we wouldn't want barrels of blood pour out from a tiny chicken-sized dinosaur either.

Perhaps most importantly, we'd want excellent pack behavior - apart from the raptors, I can think of no other Jurassic Park dinosaur that would need amazing pack behavior as Compies.
I believe that He loves you where you are
I believe that you've seen the hands of God
I believe that you'll know it when
You're back in His arms again

Mark Schultz, "Back in His Arms Again"
Integrity Zero
Predator
Predator

User Title: Call me Izzy.

Unread postby <>< » Tue, 17th Mar 2009 2:17

Give me five seconds Integ0, I'll upload the MCM document thing for you, its got all the information in there :amused:

By the way, my use of the Dino Poop Mod doesn't contain it's limitations. The Compies are exactly the right size at all times, no matter what Dinosaur creates it. And it isn't called an Allosaurus either :lul:

When rexes devour them, they remain the normal size. As to the blood FX, I don't think that can really be helped. It looks funny to see so much blood coming out of such a wee Dinosaur :lul:

Sgt. Angel

Note: By the way, if you've seen any of the topics where me and Bary discuss the Compies the idea behind their creation has changed a bit from that now so it doesn't involve the same problems and limitations. I did a bit of genetic advancement, you might say... :amused:
<><
Predator
Predator

Unread postby Integrity Zero » Tue, 17th Mar 2009 3:03

I'm intrigued now as to how you did this. Unless you've found a way to keep the excrement size constant? That should be interesting. Although most of the Dino Poop Mod results I've seen normally stay as still as statues. Then again it could be due to a lack of proper modding (i.e. lack of .nwt, etc) rather than the limitations of the mod itself.

Integrity Zero
Predator
Predator

Unread postby <>< » Tue, 17th Mar 2009 3:22

Well, I sent all the information about it through to you via PM :) hope you enjoy reading it. I missed a bit of how I make the Procompsognathids out due to the length of the PM, but what I've missed out isn't really too important. As for constant size of the animal, that's all part of the actual poop model itself, and due to the way the model works, the Compies stay at a proper size. Dunno why, it just does. But it sure is useful.

And yeah, the statue bit is due to a lack of nwt files determining that the poop is an actual Dinosaur and not just a pile of dung, like you said.

Sgt. Angel
<><
Predator
Predator

Unread postby Integrity Zero » Tue, 17th Mar 2009 4:17

Sgt. Angel wrote:Well, I sent all the information about it through to you via PM :) hope you enjoy reading it. I missed a bit of how I make the Procompsognathids out due to the length of the PM, but what I've missed out isn't really too important. As for constant size of the animal, that's all part of the actual poop model itself, and due to the way the model works, the Compies stay at a proper size. Dunno why, it just does. But it sure is useful.

And yeah, the statue bit is due to a lack of nwt files determining that the poop is an actual Dinosaur and not just a pile of dung, like you said.

Sgt. Angel

Really? Could you possibly show me? I'm intrigued and I would be very interested to see this fully implemented. Although this is definitely possible, especially with cross-overs (I'm guessing a Dilo/Raptor.nwt, or perhaps one of its own, it's going to need its own FSM mods, and what else, a new skin, but that wouldn't be so bad since it's relatively small - how small did you say?).

Integrity Zero
Predator
Predator

Unread postby <>< » Tue, 17th Mar 2009 6:33

Lol :lul: lots of questions.

1) Yep, give me a chance to get Windows onto my new Mac and I'll show you. I'm just unable to reinstall the game on there at the moment. Should all be good to go next week though, so I'll try to get some pictures up of the finished product. :)

2) Yes, it will need a raptor nwt crossover and a wee little bit of FSM modding, but just a wee bit. :)

And
3) I'm already making a new skin for the Procompsognathus and it's proper Compy-sized in the game when it'sborn. So it's all good.

Refer back to the PM's I sent you for the most of the Procompsognathus info. :)
Aaaaand... I think we may be slightly off-topic. :sweatdrop: Sorry everyone.
Sgt. Angel
<><
Predator
Predator

Unread postby Generic Modder » Sat, 25th Apr 2009 4:32

LOL! I made the excrmnt a Brachiosaurus and the largest reached a height of like 250 feet high towering even the mountains!!! Really good mod!!!

Hmmm...what if I try it on T.Rex then call the T.Rex "Vastatosaurus"? :D

I have a solution here: in order to name your big dinos different just edit the Allosaurus' name in the eng.txt in the locales. There you have it!
Generic Modder
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby TyrannosaurusLiam » Sun, 17th May 2009 13:36

I did everything that you said to do, i made the dino's poop dilophosaurs but, they come up as white models. :( Any Help Please?
TyrannosaurusLiam
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Integrity Zero » Sun, 28th Jun 2009 3:17

Just curious: does whatever you make with the Dino Poop Mod stay after you reload the saved game?

I heard that dinosaurs made with the poop mod would stay after you reloaded a game, but any others (like buildings, visitors, trees, etc.) would be erased if you reloaded. Is this true?

Integrity Zero
Predator
Predator

Unread postby SuperSpinoFish » Sun, 25th Oct 2009 19:47

Hey I know this is the wrong place to post this but, where do I find all the JPOG files for the dinosaurs? I feel stupid for not knowing where it is :D:
SuperSpinoFish
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Raging Raptor » Tue, 27th Oct 2009 0:40

SuperSpinoFish wrote:Hey I know this is the wrong place to post this

Damn straight :P

SuperSpinoFish wrote:where do I find all the JPOG files for the dinosaurs? I feel stupid for not knowing where it is :D:

Go into your JPOG folder, (search your computer for "JPOG") and open up UNITS, and there shall be all of the dinosaurs files, ready for editing :)
₪"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets"₪
-General Patton
Raging Raptor
Feisty Herbivore
Feisty Herbivore

User Title: Call me whatever home slice.

Unread postby Thunderaptor » Mon, 21st Dec 2009 3:35

where is the .ini and defecate file?
Thunderaptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Protector of Thunder Lizard Island

Unread postby kingraptor » Thu, 28th Jan 2010 15:07

my camara is the dino with the poop mod , but iv'e been wandering if you can put the poop mod on more
than only 1 dino?
kingraptor :)
Nature doesn't make mistakes, people do
kingraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby dinomaster4929 » Thu, 1st Apr 2010 8:11

i saw this on youtube it was funny because i trike pooped out a giant trike.
dinomaster4929
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby Raptor 0013 » Wed, 5th May 2010 21:00

vraptorsrule wrote:
lkjggfs wrote:Is it something with vista?

yes probaly..i hate vista

No, it is not vista
i have the same problem...
someone please help me!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :(
Raptor 0013
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay