Admin advice

Do you have problems reading and it's not your glasses? Does the board suddenly decide to turn on you and glitch to infinity? Well, post your problems and suggestions here!

Re: Admin advice

Unread postby vagrantart » Sun, 26th Jan 2014 19:20

Slightly off topic,I'm sure you folks have seen the guy remaking trespasser openworld in cryengine? He's still working on it I think but as with most projects (and i include my own) its mostly just environments..lack of AI.

http://trespassingpetrolia.com/
vagrantart
Fodder
Fodder

User Title: Member

Unread postby V-Raptor » Sun, 26th Jan 2014 21:41

I get way too giddy when I discover any Trespasser-related project.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby Legion » Mon, 27th Jan 2014 2:09

vagrantart wrote:Slightly off topic,I'm sure you folks have seen the guy remaking trespasser openworld in cryengine? He's still working on it I think but as with most projects (and i include my own) its mostly just environments..lack of AI.

http://trespassingpetrolia.com/

Well, AI is the hardest part to program, so it's no wonder.
On the other hand, there are some decent AI books, I'll try to see if I can find them online.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby vagrantart » Mon, 27th Jan 2014 21:40

I was hoping Jurassic life (the half life mod) would be the project to finally break through and come out but they seem to have slowed down a lot.Checked their forum a while back and they had some personal hold ups I think but they say they're still working on it which is cool.I looked into how a jpog game could be made using Unity a while back,there's a lot of prefabs for Unity but sadly none for building/management type systems at the moment.There was one guy making a theme park game I hope he eventually releases as a pack,Unity would be ideal for jpog,easy to use/multiple scripting types and easy to mod,could even build webplayer versions.I touched on the surface of Dinosaur AI for Unity but it was a slow process and modelling is more my thing.
vagrantart
Fodder
Fodder

User Title: Member

Previous

Return to Forum & Main Page Assistance