The GEPv2

Releases of Modding Genesis Expansion Packages!

Re: The GEPv2

Unread postby Namari944 » Sun, 1st Feb 2015 23:01

okay, i can no longer play my game thanks to this? installed it where i have my game, and exercise, loading old game, trying to make a new island (not that that worked in teh first place) all make it crash. i have my old files backed up, but i'd really like to play with this if it's possible. windows xp if you need that info.

~edit

well, the normal crashes are still normal, however i figured out which file in the mod was causing it to be unplayable. skynorm.dds in case anyone wants to know. everything else works fine, so replace that one file with the original file and it should run smoothly. did for me anyway.
Namari944
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby FTKchuuNINJA » Fri, 6th Feb 2015 7:24

well since I'm also running a windows xp, the sky files arent playable for me and r deemed useless( till I get a new laptop). But other than that, everything is in check.

"If you help expand an idea with a huge unmber of people, that idea may become real."

"Whatever floats your boat."
FTKchuuNINJA
Fodder
Fodder

User Title: An existence amongst those who exist as well.

Unread postby Alphawolf579 » Sat, 28th Feb 2015 22:48

Hey, everyone, it seems I have downloaded this Mod, and it does not work for me. Am I supposed to put it in a specific file? I Downloaded it, did the whole double click and install. I went to my game aaand, nothing. at all. Did I do something wrong? The Dinosaurs still act the same, I have no other mods to induce behavior changes. I only have like, two skin mods and even those were a hastle for me to put into the game. I'm new to modding my Genesis game, and the skins I got are making it fun again for me! And seeing this made it irresistable sounding! I would loooove, for someone to walk me through what I did wrong or anything like that, Here's what I did.

Step 1: I downloaded the Mod with major excitement. :x3:
Wait. :notrust:
Step 2: I installed the GEPV2 Mod from my Winrar program and followed the terms of agreement and everything else. :shock:
Wait :notrust:
Step 3: Installed and ready to go! I boot up my game with speed annnnd, nothing? Why are my carnivores still running after hitting a herb? Why aren't the Raptors barking at the T-rex to go away, but they're just running away? The Enviroment looks the same, Grass still looks like the ingame grass, same with the sky and everything. Did I do something wrong? I am very confused! Please help me! :D:
Alphawolf579
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Tue, 3rd Mar 2015 9:23

Did you install to the right location?
Otherwise you could try installing to an empty folder and copy the files from there to your game folder.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby Echo_The_Raptor » Mon, 25th May 2015 2:56

Sometimes when my dinos die (shot or killed by a carnivore) they run around like mindless chickens forever.
Echo_The_Raptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: New Member

Unread postby Echo_The_Raptor » Wed, 27th May 2015 5:41

I've notice that now when I close my park some of the visitors don't leave the park, and die of exposure even though they are on a path with all kinds of buildings, and kiosks. I guess they think they are lost because when I look at there passports I get one of these: "What's Going On, Where I'am I?", "I don't think I can keep going much longer." "I feel terrible." 'I' am so sick..." and some of them don't even have pressing needs.

Why do they stay in the park until they die from exposure?
Echo_The_Raptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: New Member

Unread postby BlazedD00MER » Mon, 22nd Jun 2015 19:20

Hey, all! I'm new here. I just recently purchased JPOG because... I got drunk and watched the first movie again lol. I randomly remembered this game when watching the movie and at the time it seemed like a good idea to dump 120.00 on a boxed copy off eBay....I have yet to regret the purchase lol. Loved this game when I was in 8th grade and had to have it in my collection. Anyways, I played through a park on stock settings but decided to see if there were any mods sure enough there's a bunch!

So, this weekend I finally modded JPOG with DJE. I left some things out like the sky because I read somewhere it glitches out the grass when zoomed. Basically, I'm here posting because I want to know if I am able to run DJE along with this expansion mod without them interfering with each other? I'm thinking it would be ok because reading the info it sounds like this just changes everything other then visuals?
BlazedD00MER
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby InstantAli3n » Mon, 29th Jun 2015 5:09

Alphawolf579 wrote:Hey, everyone, it seems I have downloaded this Mod, and it does not work for me. Am I supposed to put it in a specific file? I Downloaded it, did the whole double click and install. I went to my game aaand, nothing. at all. Did I do something wrong? The Dinosaurs still act the same, I have no other mods to induce behavior changes. I only have like, two skin mods and even those were a hastle for me to put into the game. I'm new to modding my Genesis game, and the skins I got are making it fun again for me! And seeing this made it irresistable sounding! I would loooove, for someone to walk me through what I did wrong or anything like that, Here's what I did.

Step 1: I downloaded the Mod with major excitement. :x3:
Wait. :notrust:
Step 2: I installed the GEPV2 Mod from my Winrar program and followed the terms of agreement and everything else. :shock:
Wait :notrust:
Step 3: Installed and ready to go! I boot up my game with speed annnnd, nothing? Why are my carnivores still running after hitting a herb? Why aren't the Raptors barking at the T-rex to go away, but they're just running away? The Enviroment looks the same, Grass still looks like the ingame grass, same with the sky and everything. Did I do something wrong? I am very confused! Please help me! :D:

I'm having the same problem. :( I really want it to work but it's not.

Also, is there a way to disable that damn mouse acceleration? It's REALLY fast and barely usable.
InstantAli3n
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Mon, 29th Jun 2015 13:07

Check if your JPOG folder is set as read only (right click on folder -> Properties). If it is, uncheck it. Otherwise, you could always try installing the mod to a different folder and the copy-pasting the mod's files into the game.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby Greenhorn » Mon, 29th Jun 2015 19:15

I really, really wished to love this mod. I really did. It looked beautiful, and the things promised were so, well, promising!

But I regret to state that this absolutely RUINED my game, I installed correctly, (I configure with JPOG's codes myself so I'm not in uncharted waters when it comes to installing mods to the game) and the first issues were that every fourth dinosaur I made, could never be tranquilized until mustered at least twenty meters from the hatchery. I have no idea why, but that's only one thing. I hate how you guys changed pricing, because now my visitors are so cursedly picky, that I can't make ANY money from my kiosks if I want them to not complain about prices. Even when I tried to make it so that I break even, with food costing only five dollars they still complained and b*tched about overpriced items. Basically, I lose money everytime someone buys my food, or risk losing popularity/guest count.

My guests half the time are unable to even locate a kiosk, they all cluster together in a 4 x 4 radius of path, begging for food and getting angry that they can't find a kiosk; even though I put four of them right NEXT OVER TO THEM. Some of my guests just wandered off the path and died of exposure for reasons I do not understand.

Basically, this mod was a major disappointment, and I don't ever wish to use it.
Greenhorn
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Chopperface » Sun, 2nd Aug 2015 12:55

Hello! Brand new here, I've tried ghost-searching for my answers but have failed to find one.

I understand that this mod has found a way to eliminate SW migration. I would very much like this mod, however, I don't think I'll be able to download the whole GEP, because I already have The Forgotten mod on my files. Furthermore, I was completely new to modding when I downloaded The Forgotten, so I never backed up my original game files. And on top of all of that, The Forgotten is apparently not compatible with the GEP as a whole; it's only compatible with the PMEP through a patch.

So I ask for help. I would like whatever mod you guys did to stop SW migration, and that's all, from your mod. If it simply came from editing the INI things in Notepad, let me know and point me in the right direction so I can edit them myself to stop SW migration. Or please provide me what whatever I may need to download from you guys.

Many thanks, hope you can reply soon!
Chopperface
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby tomsy » Mon, 3rd Aug 2015 22:52

hi I'm new to this whole modding thing.
haven't played jpog in a few years and never realised there were sooo many mods skins etc.
so I downloaded GEPV1 & V2 combined and installed them both...realising now that only should have installed v2 but shouldn't effect the game right?? anyway like a few posts before mine, nothing seems to have changed??? ive reinstalled v2 a few times and jpog as well but nothing seems to change in the game?
my pc is a very high spec so nothing to do with the graphics I assume. just no idea why nothing has changed in the game??? HELP!
btw the jpog folder isn't read only...
tomsy
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby tomsy » Mon, 3rd Aug 2015 23:29

ok I just copied files into a different folder and overwrite the originals...seemed to work!
tomsy
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Leo1980 » Sun, 23rd Oct 2016 9:42

If you do physical exercises regularly as well as jogging traumas are irreversible sooner or later but it is possible to prevent them if you know some effective tips about proper exercising http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/how-to-p ... g-injuries
Leo1980
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby DiloWithoutFrills » Tue, 16th May 2017 21:31

So, here's hoping this actually gets through to someone:

I'm new here, but I'm a longtime fan of JPOG, only recently got it for my laptop. Recently I was looking for mods, and stumbled across this beauty here.

Problem is, the download link seems to not work. I was able to find files for it on ModDB, but I wanted to make sure that I got the most up to date version.

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/gep-releases-1-and-2

So, if someone could tell me if that's the case, that'd be great :amused:

Thanks in advance! I'll post here if I run into any problems.
DiloWithoutFrills
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to Genesis Expansion Project