New tyrannosaurus from South Dakotah

Science discussion. Easy to follow, no?

Moderator: ratattuta

New tyrannosaurus from South Dakotah

Unread postby Legion » Wed, 23rd Oct 2013 18:19

Source wrote:The new discovery of Tyrannosaurus Rex bones buried for millions of years in the Hell Creek Formation north of Faith has the potential to be one of the greatest T-Rex finds of all time based on what has been excavated from the site in less than two months. [...]
According to Neal Larson, owner of Larson Paleontology Unlimited in Hill City and veteran of eight T-Rex digs around the world, Hudson’s dis covery could rival that of “Sue,” the nickname given to the world’s largest, best-preserved and most sought-after T-Rex, found about 10 miles from the Hauser ranch 23 years ago.
“Just like Sue, this is a major find … it’s amazing,” said Larson. “From what’s been excavated and everything else we’re seeing, this T-Rex could be one of the top three ever located, if not the best."
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New tyrannosaurus from South Dakotah

Unread postby V-Raptor » Wed, 23rd Oct 2013 23:08

Not a fancy quote tag : ( wrote:the discovery site may hold the most complete T-Rex skeleton ever found anywhere in the world.

Could be a pretty huge find. I wonder what gaps it may fill.

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Re: New tyrannosaurus from South Dakotah

Unread postby Legion » Thu, 24th Oct 2013 3:43

V-Raptor wrote:
Not a fancy quote tag : ( wrote:the discovery site may hold the most complete T-Rex skeleton ever found anywhere in the world.

Could be a pretty huge find. I wonder what gaps it may fill.

I'm actually quite interested in this dig, maybe we'll actually get a complete tail!
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Return to Scientopia