Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Science discussion. Easy to follow, no?

Moderator: ratattuta

Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby raptorclaw » Mon, 15th Oct 2012 22:59

http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-scientist ... 25303.html

Please tell me he's kidding. Why wouldn't they eat pandas? Were they sacred or something? So if you say America's gone downhill, just remember that China's scientists act like their ancestors eating pandas is a big discovery.
User avatar
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2012 19:39
Location: Isolation
Gender: Male
User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby Legion » Mon, 15th Oct 2012 23:53

Chinese? Not surprising. They have been denying any genetic relation to h sapiens for a very, very long time.

And lol @ you thinking it's that which makes them worse than US. They are as bad as the US, yes, but it's not for the stupidity of some of their scientists.
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby raptorclaw » Tue, 16th Oct 2012 1:42

Well, it's not the whole story, but yes, it contributes.
User avatar
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2012 19:39
Location: Isolation
Gender: Male
User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby Reprieve » Tue, 16th Oct 2012 21:36

Legion wrote:Chinese? Not surprising. They have been denying any genetic relation to h sapiens for a very, very long time.

Saw an awesome documentary following Chinese scientist doing genetic tests comparing the Chinese to the rest of the world. Was convinced they were going to say the Chinese were different but when they didn't he changed his mind. Beautiful site compared to the evidence-denying of religion and other psuedo-sciences.

Scientists, they work bitches.
Image
User avatar
Reprieve
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 6148
Joined: Thu, 17th Apr 2008 16:43
Location: In your worst nightmare
Gender: Male
User Title: flagellum dei

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby raptorclaw » Wed, 17th Oct 2012 0:55

Reprieve wrote:
Legion wrote:Chinese? Not surprising. They have been denying any genetic relation to h sapiens for a very, very long time.

Scientists, they work bitches.

Never doubted that for one second. Yet another reason I'm looking into a career in paleontology, while most of my classmates will end up being:
A: McDonalds Workers
B: Homeless
C: Drugdealers/Jailbirds
D: Dead, presumably caused by drunk driving

Reprieve wrote:
Legion wrote:Chinese? Not surprising. They have been denying any genetic relation to h sapiens for a very, very long time.

Beautiful site compared to the evidence-denying of religion and other psuedo-sciences.

Anything's beautiful compared to religion :amused:
User avatar
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2012 19:39
Location: Isolation
Gender: Male
User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby V-Raptor » Wed, 17th Oct 2012 21:40

raptorclaw wrote:Never doubted that for one second. Yet another reason I'm looking into a career in paleontology, while most of my classmates will end up being:
A: McDonalds Workers
B: Homeless
C: Drugdealers/Jailbirds
D: Dead, presumably caused by drunk driving

You're in middle school, get over yourself, man. Really. You'd be surprised how many childhood asshats go on to make themselves very successful people. The holier-than-thou attitude doesn't make you look better either.
Reprieve wrote:
Legion wrote:Chinese? Not surprising. They have been denying any genetic relation to h sapiens for a very, very long time.

Beautiful site compared to the evidence-denying of religion and other psuedo-sciences.

Anything's beautiful compared to religion :amused:

That depends. Many works of art inspired by religion are stunning. Plus, you know, the whole keeping knowledge alive during the dark ages was quite nice of the Church.
Image

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
User avatar
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon, 12th May 2008 16:32
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: Nonexistant.

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby raptorclaw » Wed, 17th Oct 2012 22:31

V-Raptor wrote:You're in middle school, get over yourself, man. Really. You'd be surprised how many childhood asshats go on to make themselves very successful people. The holier-than-thou attitude doesn't make you look better either.

That depends. Many works of art inspired by religion are stunning. Plus, you know, the whole keeping knowledge alive during the dark ages was quite nice of the Church.

In America we have this new thing called "Common Core", which is really a lot more work, and makes kids reluctant to work, and as a result, they're getting really stupid. Many of my classmates don't even know what the hell is being taught, and are forgetting basic arithmetic. At this rate, when I get to high school, they won't even remember what class they're in. It's ridiculous. Any important discovery will just be blown away by what Cam Newton did in the last football game, something I can't take interest in.

And yes, it was very nice of the church to that, but today it's just a gathering of morons who think they're special, because they were created in the shape of "their Lord", but dodge any evidence saying anything differing, even though the evidence is as clear as bottled water.
User avatar
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator
 
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2012 19:39
Location: Isolation
Gender: Male
User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Re: Chinese scientist says early humans ate pandas

Unread postby messagefromdrsattler » Tue, 21st Jan 2014 20:11

V-Raptor wrote:That depends. Many works of art inspired by religion are stunning. Plus, you know, the whole keeping knowledge alive during the dark ages was quite nice of the Church.


You mean like how the crusaders burned most of the ancient Egyptian knowledge written on papyrus?
Or were you referring to how only priests were allowed to read Greek and "translate" the Bible into English?
Perhaps you're talking about when they jailed and prosecuted Gallileo for discovering the Earth revolves around the Sun; then later admitted they were wrong?

Seriously the Church and the preservation of knowledge? :hehee: Please enlighten me.
Remember that chap about twenty years ago? I forget his name. Climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. When they asked him, they said why did you go up there to die? He said I didn't, I went up there to live.
User avatar
messagefromdrsattler
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue, 8th Jun 2010 14:46
Gender: Male
User Title: Predators don't hunt when they're not hungry; only humans do.


Return to Scientopia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Help keep this forum ad-free - please Donate


This free, ad-free forum is hosted by ForumLaunch