Perfect 'Lost World'

Useful tips for making the perfect slaught-i mean-theme park.

Perfect 'Lost World'

Unread postby Velocirapteryx » Wed, 29th Aug 2012 14:51

Heya, Rapteryx here again. Tired of making the best family-friendly Jurassic Parks, and want to have your own lost world without having people nagging about how boring it is? Well, follow these tips and you can have your very own 'Lost World'!!

1. Start out with a nice, large island with no trees, mountains or rivers. Start filling the island with as many paleo trees as possible. But be sure to have area's which are just plains with no trees. If you want to keep all your animals in, surround the island with mountains.

2. Begin making the island look lush and exotic. If you want, have small hills and mountains all over the island, as if the island was once a crater. Rivers are important, as well. All animals need to drink, and dinosaurs were no different. Start making rivers and large lakes all over, in places like the Plains or the Jungle's.

3. Begin building 'facilities'. What i mean is have little area's that look like places inGen workers would stay at. Be creative! Due to the limitations of JPOG, some buildings will have to be 'replaced' by other buildings. Have one area like the Embryonic's Administration from JP3, and like the Worker's Village from TLW: JP.

4. Now, you can make your baby dinosaurs. For me, i always have more herbivore species and population than i do carnivores, unless you want a Novel Isla Sorna. For herbivores, try to have herbivores that can live with each other; Parasaurolophus and Corythosaurus, Triceratops and Styracosaurus or Torosaurus, Brachiosaurus and Camarasaurus. You should have plenty of small herbivores like Gallimimus and Pachycephalosaurus wandering around.

5. Now onto the fun part; cloning carnivores. Of course, peopel would want to have a Tyrannosaurus or a Spinosaurus in their island, but dont be afraind to make other carnivores. Cool predators like Allosaurus or Acrocanthosaurus are pretty neat to have on your island.

6. Small carnivores can be quite helpful. From what i remember, small carnivores like Albertosaurus and Ceratosaurus will scavenge the kills of largeer predators, as well as scavenge meat from dead animals that were not taken down by a predator. I would always have about 15 Albertosaurus and Ceratosaurus on my island; they serve as the Compys of the game, in a way.

7. Velociraptors are always fun to watch. Dilophosaurs are the same way. If your using the JPItalia Movie Pack, have the two Raptor tribes (Velociraptor Nublarensis and Velociraptor Sornaensis) in different parts of the island. The two species are supposed to hate each other, so for realism, keep these tribes as far away from each other as possible. Dilophosaurs should also be on your island; i would always have around 20 individuals.

8. As we all know, inGen would have SOME form of security to protect workers. Build security cameras and sentry turrents in or near the inGen area's. I would reccommend having them both turned off, unless you want a Novel Isla Sorna which runs off of geothermal energy.

9. Your all set!! You may now have your very own Lost World on your hands!! Enjoy and watch your dinosaurs live in harmony, almost. ;)
Velocirapteryx
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Allosaurus; Ruler of the Jurassic Period

Re: Perfect 'Lost World'

Unread postby Zack19 » Thu, 14th Feb 2013 18:38

Thank you served me a lot :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :lul: :clap: :clap:
Zack19
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby Zack19 » Fri, 15th Feb 2013 1:36

I made ​​an island with this method and I am very excellent to say the title I put Isla Sorna, the island contains:
Research Center
a Port
a Safari
two rangers

I can not give my photos because of fraps vercion not complete

For the island work needed:
GEPv2
Movie Universe skin pack

Note: Everything you need is in the file below

http://www.mediafire.com/?7psb736f1qoq72d
Zack19
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby KonradTheRaptor » Sun, 7th Apr 2013 3:25

I did something similar to that carnivore wise, just fewer number of them.
Large Carnivores
T-Rex: 2
Spino: 2
Carch: 2
Small Carnivores
3 of each. One of them on the other end of the Island.
Raptors: Two packs of 10.

Buildings were tough though. Used Alot of the Bunkers.
Konrad The Raptor
KonradTheRaptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Greenhorn

Unread postby mattenias.sk » Mon, 15th Jul 2013 16:16

mattenias.sk
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Return to Strategy