Velociraptors and Dryosaurs die regulary...

Useful tips for making the perfect slaught-i mean-theme park.

Velociraptors and Dryosaurs die regulary...

Unread postby Dino- » Wed, 20th Oct 2010 17:39

Hello)

Hy second question I want to ask is about regular malnutritional deaths of the species mentioned above.
How to prevent it? My own idea is that small dinos have small steps so it takes a lot of time to travel from a food source to water source, but I dont think that creating an enclosure with water instead of the ground with 2 dozens of cows running around is a good way out of this problem... Is there another way to prevent deaths?

Thanks.
Dino-
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Re: Velociraptors and Dryosaurs die regulary...

Unread postby Sam » Sun, 10th Apr 2011 0:09

That could work but another reason could be that they are stressed out. Make sure the enviroment thet their in is not too stressful for them. Hope that helps :grin:
SAM
Sam
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Dilophoraptor » Wed, 3rd Aug 2011 18:50

I hate when it happens but they dont do that aslong as the raptors have some hervivore to slaughter and the dryos are alone or with stegs.

PS.gallis also die like this
Dilophoraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Bradosaurus23170 » Thu, 6th Oct 2011 14:32

One way around this problem is to change the dinos life to a higher value than what it is :
When a dino becomes hungry or thirsty, it's health starts to go down; on dinos like the brach (who's health is 1000) they have a health too high for such a thing to kill them often; but with a galli, raptor, or dryo (who's health never exeed 200) they die a lot more often
Bradosaurus23170
Fodder
Fodder

User Title: Huge fan of Dinosaurs

Unread postby MrGorsh » Thu, 6th Oct 2011 14:47

Dying from malnurtion is really annoying and frequent problem with some smaller herbivores (Never got that with raptor), but the options that I have found are these:

a) they need to be put in small enclosure so that they have easy access to the watering hole and feeding devices - big enclosure with 'playful herbivores' running around and forgetting to eat/drink is not a good idea.

b) they need to be put in whatever the size enclosure with a wetland profile - lots of water, plants and feeding devices scattered all over it - wherever they go, they can't starve.

c) they need to recieve some modifications in their .ini file. Since I rarely change anything about the diet and feeding values, I can't explain further.

(proved to be working in normal park with visitors, on site B my dinosaurs rarely die from malnurtion)
And since jpog has some limited dinosaur 'AI' that is able to learn I'm open for an information that the longer these species live - the less of them die from starvation/malnurtion.
MrGorsh
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

User Title: Your Worst Nightmare

Return to Strategy