site b ecosystem

Useful tips for making the perfect slaught-i mean-theme park.

site b ecosystem

Unread postby koiboi59 » Fri, 28th May 2010 22:58

hey guys. i am just a noob but anyway i am going to try and recreate an ecosystem in site b. what i plan to do is make it so the population is at 999 animals. i will add as many trees as possible on the largest island possible. i will also increase the dinosaur ages to 10 years. i will use all the late cretaceous sites (hell creek a and b, judith river a and b, and flaming cliffs). there will be 10 carnivores, 1 t-rex, 1 acro, 3 albertos, and 5 raptors. they will be 720 large herbivores. 220 corythos, 220 paras, 220 edmontos, 50 toros, 10 trikes, 10 ankys, 100 homalocephales, 70 gallis, 50 pachys, and 49 styracos. do you guys think this will work out? do you guys think it will fail? any help or support? please post below (i will be using gep v2 and the seasonal skins for this). oh yeah i will be using 8 hatcheries. and i will be continuously posting each day when i put all the dinosaurs in it.
Last edited by koiboi59 on Sat, 29th May 2010 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
koiboi59
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Re: site b ecosystem

Unread postby Reprieve » Sat, 29th May 2010 12:58

Since there is no reproduction, it will eventually fail unless you replenish stocks manually.
Reprieve
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: flagellum dei

Unread postby koiboi59 » Sat, 29th May 2010 15:12

Reprieve wrote:Since there is no reproduction, it will eventually fail unless you replenish stocks manually.

well i followed the rule that every large carn needs 2 small or 1 large herbivore every month and every small carn needs 1 small herbivore every month or a large every 2 months. i calculated that to feed all ten carnivores for 10 years i would would need at least 720 large herbivores. plus the remeaining small herbivores, the carnivores will have enough food to last them for their life.
koiboi59
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby messagefromdrsattler » Tue, 8th Jun 2010 20:12

I've done this. All the small carnivores literally cannot compete with so many herbivores, especially Dilophosaurus, they all just die.

But I'm thinking the dino poop mod will help, once I set it to Dryosaurus they will soon overwhelm every single other dinosaur... except carnivores =P
Remember that chap about twenty years ago? I forget his name. Climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. When they asked him, they said why did you go up there to die? He said I didn't, I went up there to live.
messagefromdrsattler
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

User Title: Predators don't hunt when they're not hungry; only humans do.

Unread postby koiboi59 » Wed, 23rd Jun 2010 0:29

ok new plan. i added 100 ouranos, 100 paras, 100 corythos, 100 edmontos, 50 gallis, 50 homelos, 20 pachys, 10 toros, 20 raptors (2 batches in eahc year), 4 albertos, 2 carcharas, 2 acros, 2 spinos, and 2 rexes. result: lots of dead ornithopods (each is like less then 70) both galli and homelos are under 40, raptors have 3-4 (i lost count) one spino died from a glitch, 1 alberto mysteriously died somehow, and the rex went extinct do to the epicness of that one spino. it has been 2 years and a twister struck. total population is less then 400. i will add soon.
koiboi59
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby guilmon182 » Wed, 30th Jun 2010 9:55

koiboi59 wrote:hey guys. i am just a noob but anyway i am going to try and recreate an ecosystem in site b. what i plan to do is make it so the population is at 999 animals.

So, how do you set the maximum population and their life span?
"Never order steak at a fish-house,
Never order fish at a steak-house,
always order chicken anywhere."
guilmon182
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Procrastinator

Unread postby guilmon182 » Wed, 30th Jun 2010 19:33

Wait, nevermind. I figured it all out.
"Never order steak at a fish-house,
Never order fish at a steak-house,
always order chicken anywhere."
guilmon182
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Procrastinator

Unread postby reptilecrazy12 » Tue, 3rd Aug 2010 20:36

Been there, done that, eventually you'll get bored unless you leave it on all day watching it
reptilecrazy12
Predator
Predator

User Title: Getting a breeding pair of snakes! Yesss

Unread postby Stygivenator » Mon, 7th Nov 2011 16:18

I am also trying to recreate an ecosystem in Site B, by using a set of guidelines for the reproduction rate (okay, replenishing from the hatchery). Here is a list of what species replenish their numbers and at what rate (These are just ideas):

Galimimus: Every five or six months the amount increases slightly, maybe one for three Galimimus. Every year the number goes up 50%.
Homalocephale: Steadily increasing rate, not affected by much. From the age of nine moths to a year their numbers go up rapidly. The same will repeat during following years, and the numbers will increase quickly if the conditions are good and fatality rate low.
Pachycephalosaurus: After the age of one year, when a Pachycephalosaurus wins a fight a new one will occasionally be introduced.
Styracosaurus: Rather rare. More Styracosaurus appear only at a rate of two per every five surviving animals yearly.
Kentrosaurus: Succesful only in the absence of hadrosaurs (Corythosaurus, Edmontosaurus), one Kentrosaurus is born every year for every three surviving individuals.
Stegosaurus: If conditions are good, they will increase every six months with one individual for every six existing individuals.
Ankylosaurus: Every one or two years a pair of Ankylosaurus will make a new one.
Triceratops: Every two years the numbers go up between 50 and 100%.
Edmontosaurus: At four and eight months, one more will appear and after that the numbers increase yearly by one Edmontosaurus for every 2 or 3 existing ones.
Torosaurus: More common then Triceratops, same except with periods of one year.
Brachiosaurus: Two to four years for a new one, then another one comes when the individual is eight or six years old.
Corythosaurus: At one, three, five, etc. years old numbers will rise rapidly, but poor conditions mean that numbers will easily drop.
Velociraptor: After an individual reaches eight months, a new one will be born. Same repeats at sixteen, twenty four months (rounded to years).

Of course, if the species spreads more will come from the nearest hatchery to its current location. Do you think this sort of thing would help with the creation of an ecosystem on Site B? (I have not made anything up for carnivores except for Velociraptor).
Stygivenator
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Return to Strategy