Safari Cruiser Safety Guidelines

Useful tips for making the perfect slaught-i mean-theme park.

Was this a good guide?

You may select 1 option

View results

Unread postby PONCHO » Sat, 24th Feb 2007 1:56

Yeah I know what you mean. I put turrets around my raptors cage and as soon as they jump the fence, *bang bang* So im gonna stop putting them around.
PONCHO
Predator
Predator

Unread postby Screaming Eagle » Sat, 24th Feb 2007 3:50

Elukka wrote:I wonder if it's possible to have a (relatively) safe safari ride with large carnivores... If the dino repellant thing only repelled attacking dinosaurs, that would be perfect. But it doesn't. I think the turret is definitely overkill, since i wouldn't want my cute little dinos killed.

It is possible, I believe that Godz, if not MothMaiden(Can't remember) found away to mod the Jeep by increasing it's speed and health a bit. I think the Jeep speed modded to 5.5 or something...

-Screaming Eagle
Screaming Eagle
Park Ranger
Park Ranger

User Title: GEP Member Tester

Unread postby Tetanurae Subspecies » Tue, 6th Mar 2007 10:19

Sigh... This is mainly advice for people who cannot mod, okay?

So enough of mentioning modifications and whatnot in this topic so much, please. I understand this is a forum for that purpose, but spare a thought for the guys that cannot mod. (This is why I don't spend much time in the modding forums, as I cannot mod- or contribute much to modification topics)
I can see your hypocrisy.

Even if I don't bring it up.
Tetanurae Subspecies
Predator
Predator

User Title: Un-funny

Re:

Unread postby JPnick13 » Wed, 23rd Jan 2008 23:00

PONCHO wrote:
Don't take your chances with the small carnivores. Raptors and Dilos are small enough to become roadkill . Not too sure about the larger small carns though.

Not all herbivores are safe, either. I seem to recall reading somewhere that Triceratops will attack safari jeeps, and I ran into a Torosaurus that wrecked two Jeeps in a row . Dryo, Homalo, and Galli could wind up roadkill. Hadrosaurs are pretty safe.

First of all the Safari's are smart enough not to run over the dinosaurs. Thats why they sit there and honk until the animals move. I wish I could see the triceratops or torrosaurus attack a land cruiser, and if you have to manually drive the land cruiser, and want to avoid hitting them thats what the radar is for. As for the medium sized carnivores I dont know if they will attack.

if you watch the JPOG trailer they have a short clip of a tricerotops attacking a jeep
JPnick13
Predator
Predator

Re: Safari Cruiser Safety Guidelines

Unread postby trex_king » Thu, 24th Jan 2008 0:13

i think thats a very rare event and only happens when your not noticing lol
"I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts. The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety." Alan Grant Jurassic Park 3

Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions. Alan Grant JP3
trex_king
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

Unread postby Nitram » Mon, 5th May 2008 13:43

Speaking of large carnivores, Iv had a T-rex, a spino and 2 other large carnivores, and I've had only one incident after which I closed down the ride.

Nitram.
Nitram
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby lil-T-rex » Tue, 20th May 2008 18:46

i put the safari car outside of the cadge with a parimiter fence around the visitor stuff
lil-T-rex
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

User Title: MCP Administrator,Photographer, Movie Maker, Dinosaur Copier, Skin Implementer, Beginning Skinner

Unread postby andrian » Fri, 30th May 2008 19:16

The jeep has to run into them. I've only gotten them to attack my jeep while driving it.
Vulcan Jedi are rare, yet they do exist. To assume otherwise would be illogical.
andrian
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: Jedi Scholar

Unread postby MrMuldoon » Tue, 15th Jul 2008 4:10

Not true, I've seen it happen so many times i just quit putting a safari in a trike pin.
- Muldoon
MrMuldoon
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: Manager of Jurasic Park, Site A

Unread postby TyrannoRay » Wed, 23rd Jul 2008 17:28

I'm a new member, mind if I ask you guys some question?

My friend told me that we can make a safari ride in a large carnivore's enclosure...
He told me that if we put two carnivores they'll fight for territory and after that put away the loser to another enclosure, the winner will not attack the cruiser unless they hit it or honk it....
Is that true?
TyrannoRay
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: JP Fan

Unread postby MrMuldoon » Wed, 23rd Jul 2008 18:59

I'm not sure... :mrgreen:
- Muldoon
MrMuldoon
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: Manager of Jurasic Park, Site A

Unread postby TyrannoRay » Sun, 27th Jul 2008 6:31

It worked!!
I put two rexes in a safari enclosure, they roars each other, then I put the loser to another enclosure, the winner DOESN'T attack the cruiser even if I horn it or hit it, the rex just ran away with fear, mwahahahaha...
Because of this, my safari becomes the most popular attraction in my park, :x3: :x3: :x3: Woo-Hoooo! :iria:
TyrannoRay
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: JP Fan

Unread postby CeratosaurusIngens » Sun, 4th Jan 2009 0:24

If you want a safe safari with large carns create mountains that your jeep can ride along. The dinos can't climd the hill so you have a safe safari. Of course, if you dont't want a safe safari like myself, go ahead and put as many large carns as you'd like on a safari ride, but you might want to use the no "red tape cheat" first
"Yeah 'Ooh, Ahh' that's how it all starts. But then there's running, and then screaming."
-Ian Malcom, TLW
CeratosaurusIngens
Fodder
Fodder

User Title: The Horned Lizard

Unread postby benjee » Fri, 29th May 2009 17:41

I have seen a Land cruiser get mauled my 2 torosaurs. Not a pretty sight. The visitors got out of the destroyed car and were mauled by my torosaurs. I bought another land cruiser and ran them over :lul:
benjee
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Paleo Genesis » Sun, 31st May 2009 9:59

I only put my sfari in hadro enclosures, but I breed herds so it becomes pretty popular for the authentic freaks.
Paleo Genesis
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy