Looking to see if this Fossil Market mod exists

Cheats, funny events, financial colapse...

Looking to see if this Fossil Market mod exists

Unread postby Terrichance » Tue, 5th May 2015 8:45

Looked for Fossil Market mods in here, but I don't think I'm finding any. Or at least, any that fit what I'm thinking of.

Is there a mod where, in the Fossil Market, you could get a chance ((say 1 in 5)) of a dinosaur fossil from one of the dig sites you /don't/ have unlocked, showing up for you to buy? Any quality, it'd just be a chance to get more dinosaurs even after you've unlocked all the sites you're allowed to. I feel it'd be a neat little addition at anyrate.
Terrichance
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Re: Looking to see if this Fossil Market mod exists

Unread postby raptorclaw » Wed, 6th May 2015 23:11

Terrichance wrote:Looked for Fossil Market mods in here, but I don't think I'm finding any. Or at least, any that fit what I'm thinking of.

Is there a mod where, in the Fossil Market, you could get a chance ((say 1 in 5)) of a dinosaur fossil from one of the dig sites you /don't/ have unlocked, showing up for you to buy? Any quality, it'd just be a chance to get more dinosaurs even after you've unlocked all the sites you're allowed to. I feel it'd be a neat little addition at anyrate.

I don't think so, and it seems impractical. Sorry.
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Unread postby Terrichance » Fri, 8th May 2015 7:21

Hrm. May be something I might try to tackle then.

Not sure by what you mean by 'impractical', to be honest. I mean yes, getting even 50% DNA of a non-unlocked-digsite dino via that method would be annoying to accomplish for some, but it'd give players a better reason to use the Fossil Market in the first place. Keep a vigilant eye on it, instead of just deleting the email from Dr. Grant every time it pops up.

Would it be bad taste of me to ask about a different kind of mod then? Like... I know you can replace dinosaur sounds. But has anyone tried to /combine/ sound libraries? Like, the Parasaurolophus has only two sound files to its name. Can I give it a few additional ones, and have it use them /in addition/ to its default sounds?
Terrichance
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby WanderingLamb96 » Tue, 2nd Jun 2015 21:20

Two things:

If you want to add more dig sites after the 5 star limit, just download the G.E.P. and in the mods it allows you to "stack" fossil sites. For example at 4 stars you get 2 dig sites, and at 5 you get 3, effectively giving you all the sites so that you can have all the fossils.

And you can edit the dinosaur sound files yourself, or you can find sound mods, they just replace the audio already in the files so keep backups if you want to change back. Unfortunately you cannot add more sounds to the dinosaurs, that would require adding more coding than we have available to us, sorry.
"Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming." - Ian Malcolm on modding
WanderingLamb96
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: The Tyranno Soprano

Return to Operation General