JPOG on WIndows 7

Cheats, funny events, financial colapse...

Re: JPOG on WIndows 7

Unread postby superhans8 » Fri, 23rd Dec 2011 11:03

izosu wrote:Mine seems to work on both of my windows 7 pc's.

My windows 8 developer edition pc runs Jpog as well. And of course, no problems with XP.

I do recall a cheat or 2 not working, but nothing detrimental to the gameplay. Also, most of the cheats can be done through the constant ini, so I'm not to worried.

windows 8? care to share some knowledge about it? i never knew that windows 8 ever really was on construction.
RAWR
yeah I spelled it the way

My entire mods in one link: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7762
superhans8
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

User Title: JayPOG Gamer

Unread postby izosu » Fri, 23rd Dec 2011 19:55

superhans8 wrote:
izosu wrote:Mine seems to work on both of my windows 7 pc's.

My windows 8 developer edition pc runs Jpog as well. And of course, no problems with XP.

I do recall a cheat or 2 not working, but nothing detrimental to the gameplay. Also, most of the cheats can be done through the constant ini, so I'm not to worried.

windows 8? care to share some knowledge about it? i never knew that windows 8 ever really was on construction.

Sure: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/br229518

I'd reccomend it if you are "os'less," But it seems to be a little heavier than windows 7. I get a 4 -5 fps drop on it. However, it is still in development, so it could get better :D
izosu
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Member

Unread postby JBELL913 » Sun, 12th Feb 2012 7:01

I play my jpog game on a windows 7 and it works and mine is a touchscreen (which is awsome but doesnt work for the game :dry: ) but yeah it does work at least for me.

by the way im new.... just letting people know
JBELL913
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby General534 » Tue, 12th Jun 2012 2:18

Basilo wrote:As a user of Windows 7, i would like to post a help topic here for other users of this operating system. Currently, the only problem i have found is that cheats don't work, but that is still a very annoying problem.

Cheats work fine on mine, except multiple safari car cheat, which didn't work for me on older versions anyhow.

Edit: OMG SORRY FOR SO MANY POSTS I JUST POSTED ONCE. My page got stuck sorry guys... Didn't mean to spam.

TWK says: please don't make me delete that many posts again.
Hi.
General534
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby raptorclaw » Tue, 12th Jun 2012 21:06

That happened to me a while back too. Weird. Well, once you find out you double posted, and in this case quadruple posted, don't post again. Edit your last post, and admins will delete your others posts

Anyway, while the topic is refreshed for a little while, I wouldn't expect it to work on a touchscreen. Though I have regular Windows 7 computer, and it actually works faster than all my other games.
Last edited by raptorclaw on Wed, 5th Dec 2012 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Unread postby Terrichance » Wed, 5th Dec 2012 1:41

I have registered onto this board for the sole purpose of posting this issue. (though after browsing some, I rather like what I see, and may be sticking around.)

I run 32 bit Windows 7, and recently attempted installing this game from disc, onto the comp. My main issue is that it just doesn't... /start/.

I hit the EXE, SimJP, to launch it. It pops up a DOS command prompt for two seconds. And then it shuts off.

That's it.

It does not load any further than that. I have attempted all compatibility modes available, and not one of them made a difference. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, and there is no change.

I was wondering if this was Windows 7 specific, but the posts in this topic suggest that some of you have had no problems, aside from cheats. At this point, I am worried less about cheats, and more about simply getting it to run.

Five hours of googling straight has yielded no results. This topic is the only thing that even halfway matches the answers I'm looking for. So I come to you with this question. What am I doing /wrong/? The only other options appears to be installing a virtual machine, and that's not something I'm willing to resort to yet.
Terrichance
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby V-Raptor » Wed, 5th Dec 2012 21:04

Try checking the event viewer in Windows right after that happens. If it's an actual error, you should see something there. If not, try reinstalling on compatibility mode and with admin rights (although I think admin rights are the default for W7 installs. Doesn't hurt to check, though).

Disclaimer: I haven't played JPOG in years, take any advice with a pinch of salt.
V-Raptor
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Nonexistant.

Unread postby raptorclaw » Wed, 5th Dec 2012 22:32

Terrichance wrote:Five hours of googling straight has yielded no results. This topic is the only thing that even halfway matches the answers I'm looking for. So I come to you with this question. What am I doing /wrong/? The only other options appears to be installing a virtual machine, and that's not something I'm willing to resort to yet.

You better start looking into that..........
V-Raptor wrote:Try checking the event viewer in Windows right after that happens. If it's an actual error, you should see something there. If not, try reinstalling on compatibility mode and with admin rights (although I think admin rights are the default for W7 installs. Doesn't hurt to check, though).

That's the only way I think you can fix it. If it still doesn't work, it's probably your computer. How scratched up is your disc?
raptorclaw
Fearsome Predator
Fearsome Predator

User Title: Half noob, half expert.

Unread postby Ryo » Tue, 12th Feb 2013 4:45

Hello. I run Windows 7, 32bit at 1920X1080 resolution. I run Intel(R) HD Family, I think. My problem is that, at different resolutions, the screen flickers to different degrees. On 640X480 (I think) 32bit, it basically freezes almost half the screen like a picture, then flickers it annoyingly. On 1920x1080 resolution achieved by editing files, it flickers less to only about an eighth.
Ryo
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby velociraptor24 » Fri, 12th Jul 2013 3:32

Same here JPOG crashed after playing JPOG for a little bit (on Operation Genesis). BTW I'm using GEP, and EvilRex enviorment mod.
SIGNATURE! WHY YOU NO SHOW IMAGES?
velociraptor24
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Stinger4 » Wed, 7th Aug 2013 3:07

Maybe you have to trouble shoot it.My one worked on Windows 7 for an hour and then crashed.I trouble shooted it and it worked.
Stinger4
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Terrichance » Tue, 5th May 2015 8:36

Year or so later, and I feel obligated to necropost to say how it finally worked.

It was the installation directory. Because of the changes between the original Pre-7 Windows OSes and Win7 itself, it kept installing by default, into a location that Win7 no longer felt was secure. So it just wouldn't let it run.
So instead of using the default installation directory, I installed it into a folder right on C:/'s root, in a folder labeled 'JPGenesis'. It installed everything in there, and has run perfectly okay ever since.

And now that that's done, I can finally look forward to trying out some of these mods on here!
Terrichance
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Previous

Return to Operation General