JPOG on Windows Vista

Cheats, funny events, financial colapse...

Re: GEP v2 and GEP v2 Skins Not Working

Unread postby Reprieve » Tue, 16th Jun 2009 10:31

Merge to vista topic. Search through it for help

Topic moved to general help, stickied (this is the 4th time I've looked for it in the wrong forum)
Reprieve
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: flagellum dei

Re: GEP v2 and GEP v2 Skins Not Working

Unread postby Spinoraptor » Tue, 16th Jun 2009 13:49

Spino Rex wrote:You might have to change to 32 bit on your game. I'm not that sure but you could give it a go.

Hmm, I guess I will give it a shot. Hopefully it works.

*Edit: I tried it but it had no luck. Everything is still the same as it was.

Hey is it possible that since every folder in the data folder is read only it won't allow them to get changed with the mods? I mean when I install the skins and GEP v2 it says no error messages. However they never seem to have gotten installed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's build the ultimate dinosaur breed combining a Spinosaurus and Velociraptor.
Spinoraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Jurassic Park Survivor

Re: JPOG on Windows Vista

Unread postby Baryonyx » Tue, 16th Jun 2009 15:44

Install the GEP files into a new folder and replace the files in your JPOG folder with those in the folder you installed GEP in.
Baryonyx
Feisty Herbivore
Feisty Herbivore

User Title: What now?

Unread postby Spinoraptor » Tue, 16th Jun 2009 17:11

Baryonyx wrote:Install the GEP files into a new folder and replace the files in your JPOG folder with those in the folder you installed GEP in.

Ok well that worked :D

Unfortunately I ran into another problem.....the game stops working....

I think I am at that part where a lot of others are having trouble too.

:(

Anyone have any ideas? I updated my drivers but still nothing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's build the ultimate dinosaur breed combining a Spinosaurus and Velociraptor.
Spinoraptor
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: Jurassic Park Survivor

Unread postby Integrity Zero » Mon, 22nd Jun 2009 13:21

I'm gonna tell you right now, it could very well be your graphics card. With my previous laptop, I tried to run JPOG on Windows Vista - just did NOT work out at all. When on the off-chance (like 1 in 20 tries) that I could get the game to work, I would usually be unable to open Operation Genesis. When I did open it (which was like once in a blue moon), I would have several glitches, including having the having some "lag" like delays (which never happened with Windows XP), having paths disappear (leaving cleared jungle terrain) if you looked at it from above the ground, but having it slowly appear in weird segments as the camera angle got closer to our everyday view, and, most peculiar of all, having different cleaning stations connected to each other (I could make three times the maximum number of cleaners come from ONE cleaning station). If none of the above occured, the game simply shut down before I could do anything, much less open Operation Genesis.

I wondered how I could fix this, but I found that no matter what I did, I just couldn't fix it. Then, recently, on my newer laptop, I tried JPOG again - and it worked! The main difference between my laptops? Their graphics cards. Perhaps it's just how intensive Windows Vista is on a lower-end graphics card; then again, maybe it's not. I'd recommend getting a better graphics card though - not only will you be able to enjoy JPOG, you'll be able to enjoy it in High-Quality detail, with water reflections and all. Plus, besides this, you'll be able to play some games with really nice graphics (Crysis, anyone?).
I believe that He loves you where you are
I believe that you've seen the hands of God
I believe that you'll know it when
You're back in His arms again

Mark Schultz, "Back in His Arms Again"
Integrity Zero
Predator
Predator

User Title: Call me Izzy.

Unread postby ReoPlusOne » Thu, 16th Jul 2009 13:41

Instead of starting a new topic, I'll just post here...

My computer is an HP TouchSmart tx2-1025dx laptop. It runs Windows Vista. The driver is fully updated and works just fine. I have configured JPOG to run with XP compatibility and as a 32 bit. Whenever I try to play it, the screen goes black, as if launching, then the little JPOG command prompt comes up. The whole screen's graphics are suddenly pixellated and gross. It stays like that for a bit, then goes black, and back to normal, as if nothing ever happened.

Uh... help please? ^____^;
ReoPlusOne
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Meow_Mix » Thu, 30th Jul 2009 3:30

allo all, new to the boards here after a long search for how to get jpog to work on vista *sighs*
My problem is thus: trying to load SimJP.exe brings me the command prompt with the blinking cursor, few minutes later and it's gone, no matter what mode I set it to or running as admin fixes this, going to the Setup.exe does nothing as well, and setting it to run in 98/ME gives me a SetupEnglish MFC Application has stopped working error, no details were given on that and any other compatibility setting seems to work for setup, but no matter what combo of setting I use nothing works. Iv also updated DirectX, my video drives, and Audio drivers
My system as of now is:

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX DirectX 10.1
CPU DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 3100 MHz (15.5 x 200) 6000+
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 v1.0
System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
DIMM1: Avant Tech. 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM
Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO (512 MB)
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC888/1200 @ ATI SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller

any help would be greatly appricated, Im dieing to play jpog so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly :D:
Meow_Mix
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: In ur park, sappin ur dinos :3

Unread postby Dex44 » Fri, 31st Jul 2009 14:25

I know the feeling mate, played jpog fine on my older laptop with only a litte crashing when i played the exercises but no big deal. But now on my newer one i try and play the main game and nothing, loads to halfway then crashes. This doesnt make sense though, surely a newer (XP) laptop with an intel centrino duo processor should be able to handle it? I can only assume its the old only works on AMD despite what it says on the box issue creeping back into the picture. I dont think its the graphics card, which can cope with the Sims 2 and Spore perfectly well, noth of which are newer games than jpog.

Specs
Processor: Intel Core Duo T2050 / 1.6 GHz
Multi-Core Technology: Dual-Core
Data Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Chipset Type: Mobile Intel 945GM Express
Graphics Processor / Vendor: Intel GMA 950
Video Memory: Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
Max Allocated RAM Size: 128 MB
Hard Drive: 60 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Ram
Installed Size: 1 GB / 4 GB (max)
Technology: DDR2 SDRAM - 533 MHz
Configuration Features: 2 x 512 MB

Anyone got any ideas to get JPOG working? Ive run out of plans
Dex44
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Unread postby Meow_Mix » Thu, 6th Aug 2009 7:37

well after quite a bit of looking around the webz, Iv found away that runs my JPOG pretty much flawlessly on vista, unfortunately it was with the help of a no cd exe crack, but it works, the command prompt does't come up, just goes right to the game and loads up wonderfully, no errors as far as I can see, even moded it and it still runs like a dream. I put it to the test and did 2 full days nonstop on it, with no ctd or errors, or glitches aside from floating carnies lol :lul:
so yea...you might want to look for a cracked exe, and try difrent ones out or something.
for me? I did anything I could to make it run, after buying two(2!!!!) copies of this game I was't about to give up, rember, where there's a will, theres a way :stoned:
Meow_Mix
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: In ur park, sappin ur dinos :3

Unread postby Cpt Bryan » Sat, 15th Aug 2009 18:25

Hey guys,
I just bought a new computer and I tried to install JPOG and it aint working. I get to the part where I start to shape my island, I click the start button, it loads half way, and then I see "SIMJP.EXE has stopped working" and the game closes. It sucks because I hardly have time for anything anymore and when I do have a couple hours between work and the wife, I can't even play the game. Can somebody please help me? My specs are:
Graphics: Intel Integrated GMA 3100 286 MB
RAM: 8 Gig
Hard drive: 1 Terrabyte
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Core 2.33 GHz
Direct X 10
Cpt Bryan
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

User Title: John Wayne Re-born

Unread postby EliteAztec » Sun, 11th Oct 2009 22:21

Maybe your laptop doesn't have enough sotrage space for the game, or maybe you have a bad graphics card on that laptop? I tried to play Spore on a laptop, and it used up a TON os space, and it didn't have a good graphics card, either. Hope that helps.
I hate the JPOG demo...
I also hate how Zoo Tycoon is nowhere near realistic. The animals NEVER travel in herds. They just wander around like drunks.
Drunk animals...funny.
EliteAztec
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Location: That box in that alley behind the grocery store that is 2 blocks from your house.
User Title: Demo Hater / Yigyog / Snake / Little Johnny / Ponyboy (not really, I just wanna be called that) / The Great Destroyer

Unread postby Reprieve » Mon, 12th Oct 2009 9:34

I'd check the date if I were you.

It's old, but you were answering a question so it's ok :grin:
Reprieve
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: flagellum dei

Unread postby EliteAztec » Mon, 12th Oct 2009 11:35

Neoraptor wrote:I'd check the date if I were you.

It's old, but you were answering a question so it's ok :grin:

Oh, woops. I am really bad at checking the date. :hehee:
I hate the JPOG demo...
I also hate how Zoo Tycoon is nowhere near realistic. The animals NEVER travel in herds. They just wander around like drunks.
Drunk animals...funny.
EliteAztec
Park Visitor
Park Visitor

Location: That box in that alley behind the grocery store that is 2 blocks from your house.
User Title: Demo Hater / Yigyog / Snake / Little Johnny / Ponyboy (not really, I just wanna be called that) / The Great Destroyer

Unread postby Raging Raptor » Mon, 12th Oct 2009 13:46

The_Lost_World wrote:I just got a new laptop with Windows Vista for Christmas. Zoo Tycoon 2 works fine, but when I installed JPOG (the installation went fine), only missions and exercises will work properly. I can't start a new island, or the game will crash. Also, the game won't let me adjust the sliders in the video options. You know, the ones that say "Brightness", "Contrast" etc. Does anybody have a way I can fix this?

One more thing: for some weird reason, the graphics look really strange on this computer. Check it out:

Do the Jurassic Classic Mission. Its basically a new island, so it's just like JPOG mode.
₪"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets"₪
-General Patton
Raging Raptor
Feisty Herbivore
Feisty Herbivore

User Title: Call me whatever home slice.

Unread postby Gopher » Sat, 14th Nov 2009 3:36

The graphics card may be of poor quality...
Gopher
Colossus
Colossus

User Title: Gopher- What'd'ya think?

PreviousNext

Return to Operation General