Forum re-organization

All events related to Modding Genesis are posted here, be sure to check it out frequently!

Re: Forum re-organization

Unread postby Dark Star » Thu, 4th Oct 2007 4:21

I just have one question: How does a mod meet it's requirements? Do we just write it the way the Approved Mods are done? If so, then I've already done it that way.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Legion » Thu, 4th Oct 2007 8:23

Dark Star wrote:I just have one question: How does a mod meet it's requirements? Do we just write it the way the Approved Mods are done? If so, then I've already done it that way.

I said it's still to be written, didn't I? Geez...
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby Dark Star » Thu, 4th Oct 2007 22:04

I know that, I'm just wondering whether you have any ideas on how it'll work.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby TyrannoMatt » Thu, 4th Oct 2007 23:44

Dark Star wrote:I just have one question: How does a mod meet it's requirements? Do we just write it the way the Approved Mods are done? If so, then I've already done it that way.

I'll give you a rough idea of how it might be..

There will be a template guide to follow when writing your mod's application. Sort of like Name, Description, Author, Date, Files Edited etc Something like that.

There will be rules that DarkLord will write up that give you a general idea of whats acceptable and whats not. If he says it's still to be written, then the template will be different to the current way Approved Mods are displayed atm. You following?

I aint Peter so I cant say for exact if I got the exact idea of what he is doing.. but I got an general idea of how he will do it ;)

I think it's a great system to use for modificationss submitted by users. It stops "unexperienced" people getting OTT creating 10 new threads in a section for a mod they think is "useful and new" when it's been done already before and when their mod clearly doesnt not fit MG standards for submitted modifications.

Of course, it will rely on the moderatorss being around to check and test submitted mods. But Im sure it will run smoothly. The staff are quite active here which is a good thing ^_^
TyrannoMatt
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby Dark Star » Fri, 5th Oct 2007 4:47

TyrannoMatt wrote:I'll give you a rough idea of how it might be..

I prefer to wait until DL announces it. ;) No offense, but I don't take "might be's". Looks like this site is going to be very organized.

And will there be a "Wallpapers" section?
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Legion » Fri, 5th Oct 2007 10:05

TyrannoMatt wrote:I'll give you a rough idea of how it might be..

There will be a template guide to follow when writing your mod's application. Sort of like Name, Description, Author, Date, Files Edited etc Something like that.

There will be rules that DarkLord will write up that give you a general idea of whats acceptable and whats not. If he says it's still to be written, then the template will be different to the current way Approved Mods are displayed atm. You following?

I aint Peter so I cant say for exact if I got the exact idea of what he is doing.. but I got an general idea of how he will do it ;)

I think it's a great system to use for modificationss submitted by users. It stops "unexperienced" people getting OTT creating 10 new threads in a section for a mod they think is "useful and new" when it's been done already before and when their mod clearly doesnt not fit MG standards for submitted modifications.

Of course, it will rely on the moderatorss being around to check and test submitted mods. But Im sure it will run smoothly. The staff are quite active here which is a good thing ^_^

Quite, quite accurate.
Yet, I doubt we'll take the time to test the mods, just see if the topic is compliant to our requirements for file submissions and if it is, well, it'll be up to the users to see if it works or not. If the mod has too many glitches, it's moved into the ModDevelopment forum and the user receives a warning (again, to ensure the downloads section has good downloads, doesn't mean they have to be realistic or whatnot, just working fine, even if only on default installations or with another mod, yet, for such cases, it will have to be reported the compatibility of the mod...).

Dark Star wrote:Looks like this site is going to be very organized.

It will

And will there be a "Wallpapers" section?

Perhaps

And, here's a peek at the new index:
v5.0_index.jpg
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

Unread postby TyrannoMatt » Fri, 5th Oct 2007 14:02

I like it. 8)

Very formal and organized. *wipes drool from mouth corner*
TyrannoMatt
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore

Unread postby trex_king » Thu, 31st Jan 2008 5:47

when will this new index be active
"I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts. The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety." Alan Grant Jurassic Park 3

Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions. Alan Grant JP3
trex_king
Harmless Carnivore
Harmless Carnivore

Unread postby Legion » Thu, 31st Jan 2008 10:45

trex_king wrote:when will this new index be active

Already is. If you select the Modding Genesis template and redirect yourself to jurassicisland.ch/index.php, the new index is there.
But it still isn't 100% functional, tho.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

Unread postby Kovu » Thu, 31st Jan 2008 15:06

...it's weird when the forum's suddenly back on military green :P
Kovu
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: Voilà le tigre!