Concerning Eternal Rocker Chick

All events related to Modding Genesis are posted here, be sure to check it out frequently!

Re: Concerning Eternal Rocker Chick

Unread postby Screaming Eagle » Wed, 19th Sep 2007 3:57

Dark Star wrote: The CEP's dead...

It's not dead, it was transformed into the GEP.

-Screaming Eagle
Screaming Eagle
Park Ranger
Park Ranger

User Title: GEP Member Tester

Unread postby Dark Star » Wed, 19th Sep 2007 4:00

That's what I meant, the CEP may be dead, but I was wondering who created the GEP, or had the idea of transforming the CEP, was it DL or ERC or someone else?
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Legion » Wed, 19th Sep 2007 10:49

Dark Star wrote:That's what I meant, the CEP may be dead, but I was wondering who created the GEP, or had the idea of transforming the CEP, was it DL or ERC or someone else?

me. I decided to "kill" the CEP and make it into GEP, and hand it over to ERC.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby Dark Star » Wed, 19th Sep 2007 23:58

Ah, got it. But no idea what happened or where ERC went?
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Screaming Eagle » Thu, 20th Sep 2007 0:24

None what-so-ever, believe me, you lot will be the first to know after we know.

-Screaming Eagle
Screaming Eagle
Park Ranger
Park Ranger

Unread postby Dark Star » Thu, 20th Sep 2007 3:20

So, she's gone, just like that? And we're going to just go along with MG anyway? Because I do hope the GEP is making progress, what with the late Summer pack and all that... Hope there's going to be good skins and mods next year.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Kovu » Thu, 20th Sep 2007 11:21

People, don't freak out just because someone isn't showing up for a month or two. I've experienced that myself as well, with Sk8er, who was CoAdmin of Jurassic Island and terrasco.net back in our most active time. Actually, he was the most active staff member, writing a lot of articles and releasing a lot of stuff together with me (without him, JI wouldn't ever have been what it was). Then, one day he simply disappeared from the www. No messenger or e-mail contact anymore, no posts on the forums. He didn't answer our e-mails for more than a year!

However - it turned out to be problems with his girlfriend, family - and his attempts to become screenplay-writer... which apparently fully consumed his free time.
Kovu
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: Voilà le tigre!

Unread postby Dark Star » Fri, 21st Sep 2007 3:03

Ah, I understand. It would be better for everyone else to notify that you will be gone for more than half a year because you have problems or something, but I see that most people wouldn't do that if they're in the middle of a problem.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Screaming Eagle » Fri, 21st Sep 2007 15:36

Dark Star wrote:So, she's gone, just like that? And we're going to just go along with MG anyway? Because I do hope the GEP is making progress, what with the late Summer pack and all that... Hope there's going to be good skins and mods next year.

Don't know what's more insulting, that you think ERC is the only one putting hard work into the GEP or the fact that you think that the Summer Pack sounds easy. It's not you've gotta put a LOT of hard work into making the skin look real, look perfect on the dinosaur, match up to the body., making the quality look good. The Summer Pack's delayed because most of us were going into College or a University, and it's hard process before it actually Starts. That and a few family emergencies with at least three members, and ERC's vanishing act, didn't make things easy, however it wasn't the main reason why it's been delayed.

-Screaming Eagle
Screaming Eagle
Park Ranger
Park Ranger

Unread postby Dark Star » Fri, 21st Sep 2007 23:38

I didn't mean to be insulting, sorry if I sounded like that. I just thought that before ERC went, there was some progress over the summer, I thought you guys knew that school was coming and that time would be short then, though I'm sure you already knew this.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby The Witch King » Sat, 22nd Sep 2007 5:40

Screaming Eagle wrote:Don't know what's more insulting, that you think ERC is the only one putting hard work into the GEP or the fact that you think that the Summer Pack sounds easy. It's not you've gotta put a LOT of hard work into making the skin look real, look perfect on the dinosaur, match up to the body., making the quality look good. The Summer Pack's delayed because most of us were going into College or a University, and it's hard process before it actually Starts. That and a few family emergencies with at least three members, and ERC's vanishing act, didn't make things easy, however it wasn't the main reason why it's been delayed.
I can't help but agree. There were many factors.

Why is it that every non-staff member thinks that GEP an pull a rabbit out of it's hat?
The Witch King
Park Ranger
Park Ranger

User Title: Lord of the Nazgûl

Unread postby Legion » Sat, 22nd Sep 2007 9:43

Actually, I think we're partially to blame, we, as GEP members, never really made development diaries or things of the sort to keep the community in the loop of the work we were having.
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin

User Title: da webmastah!

Unread postby Dark Star » Sat, 22nd Sep 2007 17:27

I agree with DL, being an outside member, I thought that you guys were working on extremely private stuff, you guys never mentioned anything about the GEP, except for the tree density mod, but that was it.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

Unread postby Screaming Eagle » Sat, 22nd Sep 2007 22:29

DarkLord wrote:Actually, I think we're partially to blame, we, as GEP members, never really made development diaries or things of the sort to keep the community in the loop of the work we were having.

Indeed, we were going to do something like that, without revealing too much.

-Screaming Eagle
Screaming Eagle
Park Ranger
Park Ranger

Unread postby Dark Star » Sat, 22nd Sep 2007 22:46

Well, why didn't you then? It seems quite odd that one side keeps quiet, while the other simply hopes that they will spill the jellybeans on something.
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus

PreviousNext

Return to Site Press