New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

All events related to Modding Genesis are posted here, be sure to check it out frequently!

New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Tue, 28th Aug 2007 14:17

As you all know by now (rather, should know), I've been working on the Modding Genesis v5.0 template for phpBB3 (the forum we use), and with the template, changes will be also felt all across Modding Genesis. Like the separate website will be terminated, and replaced by a full forum integration.
The Splash image isn't temporary, it's here to stay, it's text, however, isn't.

The new rank images that've been uploading are also part of the project, divided into three categories:
User Ranks:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Fearsome Predator
Image
Image
Image
 

Administrative Ranks:
Image
Image
Image
Special Ranks:
Lab Researcher
Lab Engeneer
Gene Blender
Bone Digger
Reviewer
ModTester
 

Code: Select all
The posts will contain the following colors:
#c6cc95
#ff6600
#222222


Aknowledgements:
    All the wonderful, wonderful people at phpBB Academy
    alphaPortal, from whom I used a lot of functions to help coding the main page
    Evil<3
    If I'm forgetting someone, I'm honestly sorry.

Random Guys wrote:Wow, hang on. What did you say will happen?

Up to today, here's what is part of the current project:
    Completely new main website. Incorporated with the forum, rather than a stand-alone feature. (barely started)
    New rank images. (already being used)
    New template file. (based on the current main website, needs a lot of refining)
    Fits any resolution. (tested on 800x600, 1024x768 and 1440 x900)
    Compatibility for Internet Explorer 5/6 will differ from the FireFox 2.0 and Internet Explorer 7.0 on design aspects.
    Will feature a downloads page that'll be designed to best accomodate browsing (to be started).
    Will feature a static knowledge base with tutorials.
    Will feature an online resource for Operation Genesis Dinopedia.
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Dark Star » Wed, 29th Aug 2007 0:27

Yay, finally! I would also suggest changing the G.E.P. name color again, white doesn't really fit. And I also see you didn't make the FH and FP ranks, I don't really care, I'm almost moving to big ol' Brach! ^-^

Thanks for doing these updates, especially the Dinoped, been waiting for that for a long time! :)
User avatar
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2007 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Wed, 29th Aug 2007 10:39

Dark Star wrote:Yay, finally!

Well, there's still a VERY long road ahead, but things are shaping up very well ^_^

I would also suggest changing the G.E.P. name color again, white doesn't really fit.

Extremely light green, and it doesn't fit because the colors aren't being picked to work well with proSilver template ;)

And I also see you didn't make the FH and FP ranks, I don't really care, I'm almost moving to big ol' Brach! ^-^

Right now, I find coding the website more of a priority than doing the ranks.

Thanks for doing these updates, especially the Dinoped, been waiting for that for a long time! :)

Well, I wanted to do them ever since I got MG in my hands, I just never had the time :P

Anyway, here's a sneak peek of the viewpost (NOT viewtopic) page:

mg5.jpg


So, you see, there is a reason why the colors seem too bright on this template: the 5.0 is dark-themed, ergo needs bright fonts to bring it life
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Dark Star » Thu, 30th Aug 2007 1:04

Oh, very well then, I like the new template, rather than light blue and white... >:P So, no one else is helping you do this work?
User avatar
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2007 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Fri, 31st Aug 2007 9:31

not really, I like to do this kind of thing on my own
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby TyrannoMatt » Fri, 31st Aug 2007 15:39

Smashing work. Looks very professional ;)

Good luck and may any problems you experience be solved quickly. :D
User avatar
TyrannoMatt
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed, 20th Jun 2007 19:33

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Fri, 31st Aug 2007 16:16

Thanks ^_^
But, truthfully, I just try to do what I think looks god, if it looks professional at the same time, I don't know, but thank you :)
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby TyrannoMatt » Fri, 31st Aug 2007 17:17

I honestly can not wait to see the completed project ^__^

It's a website design to do JPOG proud and something the game deserves. A dedicated website to it that has great aesthetics and the best in modding knowledge and content related to the game. :)
User avatar
TyrannoMatt
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed, 20th Jun 2007 19:33

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Melea Lord » Fri, 31st Aug 2007 17:40

That's actually the reason why I joined this site and not JPL. JPL isn't specific to JPOG so I didn't bother looking around it. However MG is all about JPOG.

JPL is one of our competitors right?
Image
Look at me, don't look away... don't ever look away, you'll be looking at me forever!
The GEPv2 Trailer The GEPv2 Download
User avatar
Melea Lord
G.E.P. member
G.E.P. member
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Wed, 25th Jul 2007 12:50
Location: Britain, Essex
Gender: Male
User Title: FSM Personnel #2

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Fri, 31st Aug 2007 18:02

TyrannoMatt wrote:I honestly can not wait to see the completed project ^__^

Me neither ^_^

It's a website design to do JPOG proud and something the game deserves. A dedicated website to it that has great aesthetics and the best in modding knowledge and content related to the game. :)

I just think that if we have a community devoted to a game, the design should also be focused on the game. Would make no sense to use any other design as a "main theme", perhaps as secondary skins, but not a main theme :P

Melea Lord wrote:That's actually the reason why I joined this site and not JPL. JPL isn't specific to JPOG so I didn't bother looking around it. However MG is all about JPOG.

Albeight in the years ahead we might add more JP/Zoo Simulation contents =P

JPL is one of our competitors right?

Not really, at least, for a long time now. We had our differences in the past, but what's gone is gone
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby TyrannoMatt » Sun, 9th Sep 2007 0:23

JPL and MG are best mates :D
User avatar
TyrannoMatt
Friendly Herbivore
Friendly Herbivore
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed, 20th Jun 2007 19:33

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Dark Star » Sun, 9th Sep 2007 3:13

Yes! My moaning has paid off, and the Feisty rank image is made!Very cool by the way, different from the rest, maybe because you used the body of the Ankylosaurus, rather than just the head? Well, it looks more awesome than the others. Wait, I'm a fearsome predator now?! Shoot, another month of having no rank image... :( Does this mean that you have some free time on your hands, DL? ;)
User avatar
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2007 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Sun, 9th Sep 2007 14:34

Dark Star wrote:Yes! My moaning has paid off, and the Feisty rank image is made!Very cool by the way, different from the rest, maybe because you used the body of the Ankylosaurus, rather than just the head?

Ankylosaurus doesn't have a lot for a head, so I had to do something else...

Wait, I'm a fearsome predator now?! Shoot, another month of having no rank image... :( Does this mean that you have some free time on your hands, DL? ;)

Some, not much.
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Dark Star » Sun, 9th Sep 2007 16:07

Showing more of the body is much better than just the head. Btw, which dinosaur is being planned for the Fearsome Predator rank? I was thinking of changing the rank to Fish Eater... :)
User avatar
Dark Star
Colossus
Colossus
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sun, 11th Mar 2007 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: New Template (ModGenesis 5.0)

Unread postby Legion » Sun, 9th Sep 2007 17:25

Dark Star wrote:Showing more of the body is much better than just the head.

That's a matter of opinion.

Btw, which dinosaur is being planned for the Fearsome Predator rank? I was thinking of changing the rank to Fish Eater... :)

If you know which one it'll be, why did you even ask? Besides, fish eater is such an aweful name for a rank...
User avatar
Legion
Park Admin
Park Admin
 
Posts: 7284
Joined: Fri, 5th Jan 2007 23:34
Location: Portugal
Gender: Male
User Title: da webmastah!

Next

Return to Site Press

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Help keep this forum ad-free - please Donate


This free, ad-free forum is hosted by ForumLaunch
cron